Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first year at LHC!

Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Talking My first year at LHC!

I was not super active for the most part but I did learn about henna, shampoo bars, how to use hair sticks, and my most recent beloved; Ficcares!

When I first joined my hair was not even shoulder length and was in bad shape from over a year of bleaching every month. I joined to learn more about Henna, to save both my scalp from bad chemical reactions and to save the condition of my hair.

This is is what I started with.... April 26, 2014

after my first henna, may 2014

Somewhere in the middle, you can see the bleach damage growing out. It was heinous. I think this was August 2014 :

and today! It's finally at a point where I can start asking, can I call this APL yet??? There is still a few odd bleached ends in there. At this point I am not too worried. Eventually the hair will shed or they will get S&D'd out. My hands are where my waist is, which is my current goal.

I've enjoyed meeting you all and watching your individual hair journey's. I was feeling bad about my hair a few weeks ago and considered another cut but thankfully you lovely ladies talked me out of it. I just need to get past this akward length. I was thinking to myself that I really didn't gain a whole lot of length for a whole year of growing but seeing Nightshade's hair anniversary gave me some encouragement to keep going as her hair is absolutely thud worthy.

I mostly did benign neglect, very little heat styling, just wash and wear with argan oil for a leave in, put it up and forget it, trimming a half inch to an inch every few months.

also sorry if the pictures come out weird/huge I am on my phone and therefore can't easily tell if there is a problem.
    Pixie..Chin length...Shoulder length...APL...BSL...WL ​I reached my hair goal!
    Lady Undine Waverunner of the Azure Seas in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Length
    CBL/MTL/Knee?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: My first year at LHC!

Congrats! It's looking so much better already, you've come a long way in a year!
    {free of stress about length gains}
    47.5" of hair (4/9/20)
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Your hair is beautiful, and it grew a lot! I love the color and waves. Congrats

Length
    16.5/TLB/50
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii

Congrats! your hair is quite beautiful. Heres to another wonderful year of growth
    Long hair, Do care
    Eye on the classic prize

Length
    28/27/30

Congrats! Your hair looks very healthy and thick.

Length
    17/27/37
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Your hair looks beautiful, what amazing improvement and growth in just one year! I think you can call it APL.

Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Zesty, thank you very much for your kind encouragement!

BrightEyes, thank you! That is my hair all brushed out, it's is normally considerably more wavy/curly. Someday I will have to let it dry without touching it so it can be properly typed.

cocoahair Thank you! Hopefully a year from now I can solidly be at BSL with zero damage and a thicker hem!

Pinni thanks it's the healthiest and longest it has been in probably 8 years

daylilly can I call it APL? Really? Anyone to contest that?

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That's pretty good, consistent, growth for just a year, and look at the improvement! Amazing. Congratulations, and there's plenty of happy growing ahead.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That's pretty good, consistent, growth for just a year, and look at the improvement! Amazing. Congratulations, and there's plenty of happy growing ahead.
    Thank you lapushka!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Amazing progress you were right not to cut, and you're also wise to document your journey. Long scopes of progress pictures are always my favorite!