Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Study on Peppermint EO and hair growth.

Default Re: Study on Peppermint EO and hair growth.

I loved the Peppermint oil/water mixture last year but my seborrhoic dermatitis came back due to the oil so I stopped it.
    I just bought a mint plant because I want to try extracting leaves in apple cider vinegar. The plant still needs to grow bigger for me to get more leaves.

Length
    WSL/WSL/term
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I'm gonna try this tonight! How much oil to EO do you guys do? I think a conditioning treatment with the eo would be nice.

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I use pepermint and green tea 1:1 rinse as it helps to keep oily scalp clean for longer. I haven't noticed any hair stimulating effects though, maybe cause the tea has not enough eo in it?

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Morri View Post
    I use pepermint and green tea 1:1 rinse as it helps to keep oily scalp clean for longer. I haven't noticed any hair stimulating effects though, maybe cause the tea has not enough eo in it?
    That's a shame as green tea is also meant to enhance growth. I think you are right about the dried peppermint leaf, it won't have that much oil in it as essential oils in a bottle are very concentrated plus they are volatile so evaporate from the herb easily during drying and if my memory is correct the concentration of peppermint EO was 3%. The only way to know for sure how much of the oil you are getting it to use just the essential oil.
    I do still use peppermint oil as well as others plus various other oils including some Ayurvedic blends so I can't say that any one thing in particular is helping but I'm happy with my growth these days and in the last few months I have noticed my roots getting longer much quicker as well as the length seeming to suddenly reach much further down my back to about waist length in what seems a short space of time.
    I shall know for certain after I next henna then can see how long it takes for my roots to grow long enough to notice.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    That's a shame as green tea is also meant to enhance growth. I think you are right about the dried peppermint leaf, it won't have that much oil in it as essential oils in a bottle are very concentrated plus they are volatile so evaporate from the herb easily during drying and if my memory is correct the concentration of peppermint EO was 3%. The only way to know for sure how much of the oil you are getting it to use just the essential oil.
    I do still use peppermint oil as well as others plus various other oils including some Ayurvedic blends so I can't say that any one thing in particular is helping but I'm happy with my growth these days and in the last few months I have noticed my roots getting longer much quicker as well as the length seeming to suddenly reach much further down my back to about waist length in what seems a short space of time.
    I shall know for certain after I next henna then can see how long it takes for my roots to grow long enough to notice.
    I need to revive this thread! how to use it? I have a bottle, I found some bloggers receipt , she puts it in acv rinse along side TTEO and Lavender EO..It made my scalp itchy. I don't know if it the PEO, cause I used it before in a shampoo, against dandruff, and after some time my scalp is itchy. Is it safe to use? If so, how to use it?
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    I need to revive this thread! how to use it? I have a bottle, I found some bloggers receipt , she puts it in acv rinse along side TTEO and Lavender EO..It made my scalp itchy. I don't know if it the PEO, cause I used it before in a shampoo, against dandruff, and after some time my scalp is itchy. Is it safe to use? If so, how to use it?
    I’m interested too. I’m wary because peppermint oil is very strong. Does it suspend in ACV and water? If not, the oil is just sitting on the top… when you rinse it through your hair some areas are probably going to get more than others.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I use a few drops of peppermint oil in my scalp oil-Jamaican Black Castor Oil base, peppermint oil, rosemary oil and MSM powder. Scalp massage every night. My hairline is filling in nicely with this combination...peppermint is so tingly-I love it!

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    I use a few drops of peppermint oil in my scalp oil-Jamaican Black Castor Oil base, peppermint oil, rosemary oil and MSM powder. Scalp massage every night. My hairline is filling in nicely with this combination...peppermint is so tingly-I love it!
    Oh! That's interesting. Congrats on finding a good scalp oil mix.

I wonder if its the increased heat/blood flow that makes this work?

I found this:

"Menthol, the main component in peppermint oil, has been shown to increase blood flow to the area where it is applied. A study in Microvascular Research found that a 4 percent menthol solution caused blood vessels to widen, which increases blood flow."
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

I did scalp massages with peppermint infused oil before I even knew that it was great for growth.
    I think a doctor told me to put it on my forehead for migranes. I love the fresh feeling of the peppermint on the scalp along with a warm feeling of blood flow. Yes! I have done this and will do this forever!

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Philodendron View Post
    I did scalp massages with peppermint infused oil before I even knew that it was great for growth.
    I think a doctor told me to put it on my forehead for migranes. I love the fresh feeling of the peppermint on the scalp along with a warm feeling of blood flow. Yes! I have done this and will do this forever!
    Yes, it is wonderful for migraines! I keep some peppermint eo in a roller ball diluted with coconut oil and roll it on my neck and forehead when I get one. The smell doesn't turn my stomach and is very cooling and relaxing!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL