Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Turbie twist hack for longer hair!

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Turbie twist hack for longer hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I have superbabyfine hair and it doesn't complain. Of course I'm careful, but certainly not obsessive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I've never had any trouble with folding my fine (and probably fragile) hair. After all, It's not tightly squished up, and it's then held in the towel without moving until you take the towel of,, so it's not as if it's rubbing around against anything or having friction. It's just like a secure hug for your hair
    Oh that's fantastic, I've been in this 'what to do conundrum ' for months now.. One more question, when you put your tubbie on, does it pull slightly your front hairs?
    I have the turban from Sephora, from the article on front page, it has a button and lasso. It's awesome, but when I put my hair in, twist and go for securing, it pulling my front hairs. If I untwist a little, than my back hairs aren't all covered ,it's loose and doesn't soak well the back part of my hair...
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Weemomma View Post
    This is what I did to 2 of my microfiber as well. It works
    I am so glad! It's such a simple solution too, isn't it?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Only person I know doesn't use a microfiber towel, just a threadbare (not see through though) old towel, is my mom. Her hair is not only fine, but it is also i, so thin, and you can't have a heavier towel than the hair that's on her head. She also doesn't keep it on for very long, a mere 5 minutes. She immediately combs out with a wide tooth comb, applies a bit of styling product and roller sets. Her hair can't be too dry from the towel to put on the rollers.
    I never thought about this, but perhaps the fineness of my hair is why I don't leave my towels on more than a few minutes. I just air dry afterward, no styling, but early on I discovered that brief towel use was optimal.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I never thought about this, but perhaps the fineness of my hair is why I don't leave my towels on more than a few minutes. I just air dry afterward, no styling, but early on I discovered that brief towel use was optimal.
    Yeah, there might actually be something to that! If my mom leaves the towel on for more than 5 minutes, there's dry "fluff" under there. And she then needs to re-wet with a fine-tooth comb, each section, for the rollers.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    Oh that's fantastic, I've been in this 'what to do conundrum ' for months now.. One more question, when you put your tubbie on, does it pull slightly your front hairs?
    I have the turban from Sephora, from the article on front page, it has a button and lasso. It's awesome, but when I put my hair in, twist and go for securing, it pulling my front hairs. If I untwist a little, than my back hairs aren't all covered ,it's loose and doesn't soak well the back part of my hair...
    I hadn't noticed, but even if it does, I don't mind it. It does feel heavy on my head, being full of wet hair anyway, so it is what it is.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR