Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turbie twist hack for longer hair!

Length
    Buzz/CBL+/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Turbie twist hack for longer hair!

I love this!
    I don't think I'll even need to use this trick though- lately I've just been very gently squeezing the excess water out of my hair with my microfiber turbie and then letting it airdry the rest of the way.
    It still helps a lot, so much better than trying to air dry from soaked, and still more gentle than a normal towel!
    Halfway between CBL and APL!!!
    APL by New Years 2022!?!? Goal is classic+
    Art Blog on WordPress

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My hair outgrew my tubbie. I asked my mom to make me another one, bigger, turns out she can't, without ruining the one I have. Also, she asked why don't you fold your hair in half. And I didn't know what to say to that.
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    My hair outgrew my tubbie. I asked my mom to make me another one, bigger, turns out she can't, without ruining the one I have. Also, she asked why don't you fold your hair in half. And I didn't know what to say to that.
    I fold my hair in thirds to fit in mine.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I wrap the length around one hand and shove all that into the end of the turbie.

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I fold my hair in thirds to fit in mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I wrap the length around one hand and shove all that into the end of the turbie.
    So it's not going to damage or break my hair? I read that hair is most fragile when it's wet, and knowing my fine strands and how easy they break, I thought I should never ever do that.
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Myself? I tried folding, but it takes oodles of time to get part-way dry. I love it more "spaced out" as it were? Mind you, I do wear my towel for about 30 minutes, yeah 25-45 give or take, and it gets it nice and damp/dry! With folding, it just stayed wet for so much longer!

Yeah, before this "trick", I also folded into a regular turbie.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

So it's not going to damage or break my hair? I read that hair is most fragile when it's wet, and knowing my fine strands and how easy they break, I thought I should never ever do that.
    I have superbabyfine hair and it doesn't complain. Of course I'm careful, but certainly not obsessive.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I have superbabyfine hair and it doesn't complain. Of course I'm careful, but certainly not obsessive.
    Only person I know doesn't use a microfiber towel, just a threadbare (not see through though) old towel, is my mom. Her hair is not only fine, but it is also i, so thin, and you can't have a heavier towel than the hair that's on her head. She also doesn't keep it on for very long, a mere 5 minutes. She immediately combs out with a wide tooth comb, applies a bit of styling product and roller sets. Her hair can't be too dry from the towel to put on the rollers.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My mom got me 2 microfiber "beach length" sport towels from Aldi and folded them in half, sewed one half shut. She did this just last year. And I now have 2 giant microfiber turbie towels. They are *wonderful*. I now have 4. 2 regular terry cloth ones, and 2 microfiber ones.

I recommend this hack to anyone, and wanted to bump this up!

I especially love my microfiber ones. They compact to nothing and are really absorbent!
    This is what I did to 2 of my microfiber as well. It works

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I've never had any trouble with folding my fine (and probably fragile) hair. After all, It's not tightly squished up, and it's then held in the towel without moving until you take the towel of,, so it's not as if it's rubbing around against anything or having friction. It's just like a secure hug for your hair
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR