Page 52 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: self made hairtoys thread

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    what do you mean winding.. they say electric right on the box.. and the tumblers i was talking about are 20$ but they send out a 50% off any one item coupons in the mail all the time so thats what makes them 10$. i used to have the same tumbler when i was little.. they are the most noisy things ive ever had in my bedroom while trying to sleep

ok so back to stciks.. well i went in my craft room and tried again.. i think this one will turn out well.. and this time im going to leave it alone instead of ruining it by touching it..

i was thinking of making annother 2 toned stick like the one in the photo i posted today but im lazy.. i hate having to wait overnight just to finish a stick

i had forgotten how quickly i could shape a stick with my sander.. i did still use my cylindrical rasp but that took 2 minutes tops.. im really getting spoiled

im running low on ideas for shapes of tops..

there is only so much i can do with a dowel and a sander

i wish i had a working lathe

dad keeps saying that there is one in the garage that he could bring inside the house for me but i went in there and saw no lathe.. i dint look too hard though because a spidernest fell on me.. so i did the spider dance while running out of there.. you all know the spider dance.. its the weird motions that people make while they try to brush off spiders and after a while they are brushing off imaginary spiders.. just to make sure that they are all off
    Yes, I know this dance well. Very well considering I did it this afternoon.

I was attacked (I say attacked but yeah, jumped on) by the creepiest looking spider. I was not happy. At all.

Thats too bad that you think you might have messed it up. I think it's probably better than you think, and if not, then I'm sure it's salvageable.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

both of the sticks i tried to make yesterday are ugly.. ill post pics later.. i think ill stick to glueing wood together rather than trying to make a design
    can i call this classic length

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

ok so here they are.. they were experaments so im not too upset at how awful they came out.. the patterns got messed up on both of them.. i dont think ill attempt this again because i dont want to waste any more wood

ugh its so hot outside.. i might have to wait to burn them
    Last edited by squiggyflop; June 8th, 2008 at 09:40 AM.

Account Closed by Member Request

Squiggy, those sticks aren't ugly. I'd happily wear one in my hair.

I finished my "first" stick a few days ago. It is in my album. I have made sticks before it, but not as nice.

Length
    12/???/45
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    ok so here they are.. they were experaments so im not too upset at how awful they came out.. the patterns got messed up on both of them.. i dont think ill attempt this again because i dont want to waste any more wood

ugh its so hot outside.. i might have to wait to burn them
    Iiiicheewawa, girlie (like my phonetic spelling?), those are very pretty hairsticks. They may not have turned out like what you envisioned, but that doesn't make them ugly, just different. I'll take them off your hands if you don't want them Seriously, PM me if you wanna get rid of them. I'm sure we can come to an agreement.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Space empty until further notice

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire'sWings View Post
    Squiggy, those sticks aren't ugly. I'd happily wear one in my hair.

I finished my "first" stick a few days ago. It is in my album. I have made sticks before it, but not as nice.
    your stick is cute..

Quote Originally Posted by rubyann View Post
    Iiiicheewawa, girlie (like my phonetic spelling?), those are very pretty hairsticks. They may not have turned out like what you envisioned, but that doesn't make them ugly, just different. I'll take them off your hands if you don't want them Seriously, PM me if you wanna get rid of them. I'm sure we can come to an agreement.
    yeah i dont plan on ever going into a post office any time soon.. i would rather get struck by lighning.. i think they will be fine kindling for a fire..

i glued together 2 colors of wood this morning.. so im hoping to have annother stick tomarrow..

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

So this weekend I made a snowdrop hair stick for myself out of a ketylo and some pressed glass beads. It's supposed to be a representation of the flower in Stardust.

And for reference, here's what a real snow drop looks like:

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by Nightshade; September 9th, 2008 at 03:25 PM.

Length
    2"/58"/Ni!
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    So this weekend I made a snowdrop hair stick for myself out of a ketylo and some pressed glass beads. It's supposed to be a representation of the flower in Stardust.

Wow!! Nightshade that is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! You did a wonderful job making it look like the real deal. I have lots of very similar beads, I may try making some sort of flower like this, myself. btw ... how did you get clickable thumbnails linked to your gallery?

~♥~ Proud Member of the Renegray Gang ~♥~
    Lady Elishar of Light and Prophecy in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sidani View Post
    Wow!! Nightshade that is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! You did a wonderful job making it look like the real deal. I have lots of very similar beads, I may try making some sort of flower like this, myself. btw ... how did you get clickable thumbnails linked to your gallery?
    Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm wearing it today, actually

Although I already answered this, I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else was wondering

To make a clickable link to your gallery you'll need FireFox. Then I go to the main page of my album and right click on the thumbnail image and select "Copy Image Location" then go to the thread I want to post the item in and hit the photo button (the one that has mountains in it) then paste in the link. That should give you the thumbnail.

Back to the album, and I open the full-sized image, then right click on that and again "copy image location." Go back to the thread where you're posting the image and click on the thumbnail that you had just created. Then click the link button (the two chain links) and paste in the address of the larger photo That should make it pop in a new window.

If you need help troubleshooting just let me know!

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post

I love it, Nightshade! I really like the leaf bead, especially.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)