Page 1007 of 1007 FirstFirst ... 7507907957997100510061007
Results 10,061 to 10,063 of 10063

Thread: self made hairtoys thread

Length
    chin/bsl/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: self made hairtoys thread

Spidergoat, I answered in the ONN thread but I thought of a good rule, sand with a grain of paper until you get all the scratches going the same direction and you can then tell that you have sanded the entire piece evenly with that grain before switching down to a finer paper. When you move down a paper switch directions and basically sand off all of the scratches you just made with the rougher grit until they're all going in the new direction of the finer grit. I guessed a half hour for each, I think I probably took longest shaping with the roughest grit and the finest grit. I find sanding weirdly therapeutic

Length
    APL/31.5"/CL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

milosmomma, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep it in mind! Do you mean basically to sand back and forth in one direction (like left and right) with one grit and then sand perpendicular (up and down) to the scratches with the next grit? I also find sanding quite therapeutic! I'm looking to have my dad cut out some rough hair forks this summer that I can sand at leisure.
    Last edited by spidergoat; March 21st, 2019 at 11:06 AM.
    ~Lady Aeginaea of the Many Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~
    "The strongest and sweetest songs yet remain to be sung." Walt Whitman

Length
    chin/bsl/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidergoat View Post
    milosmomma, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep it in mind! Do you mean basically to sand back and forth in one direction (like left and right) with one grit and then sand perpendicular (up and down) to the scratches with the next grit? I also find sanding quite therapeutic! I'm looking to have my dad cut out some rough hair forks this summer that I can sand at leisure.
    Yes, I went diagonally just because it was more comfortable for me, but yes you want to go perpendicular to the grain before.