Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Pony-O Am I the only one here who uses these?

Default Re: Pony-O Am I the only one here who uses these?

I had some of these (kind of) and liked the visual effect of them but they did not hold for me at all and broke very quickly. I *did* have knock offs though because at the time they were much harder to get hold of in the UK. I used to cover it with a fun scrunchy because all the colours are absurdly different to my current hair colour. I would be willing to fork out for the Real ones if they hold better because I do like a nice swishy high ponytail but I am trying to grow back my edges.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Update: I went for a lunch out with my girlfriends and I took my "XL" sized Pony-O out for a ride. I flipped my head over and gathered my hair very high at the top of my head. My hair is rapidly reaching MBL-TBL, and I believe it is about 1" in diameter, and surprisingly, the Pony-O held all my hair quite well! It's not a rock-tight hold, though I don't want that anyway because too much tension for a ponytail easily leads to breakage and headaches, and sadness. It didn't slide down at all in the way a silk scrunchie (or any other hairtie would) when faced with my heavy hair. Of course it takes some practice to evenly spread the hair and bend the ∩-shape in the best way to lock everything in place, but I would definitely say this works very easily and looks visually stylish to boot.

Verdict: I wholeheartedly recommend it as an alternative to conventional ponytail holders due to its solid but not hair-breaking grip, and the way it spreads the hairs out! But of course, something I learned from LHC is never to wear ponytails on a daily basis

Type
    1b/F/i

Interesting to see this thread revived after all this time. The original Pony-O was covered in velvet and was quite lightweight. It worked perfectly for someone who had thin, fine hair like me, but wasn't so great if you had thick heavy hair. The new version is kinda rubbery (at least to me). It doesn't work in my hair at all due to the weight. Lucky for me I have hoarded a lifetime supply of the original version.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    Interesting to see this thread revived after all this time. The original Pony-O was covered in velvet and was quite lightweight. It worked perfectly for someone who had thin, fine hair like me, but wasn't so great if you had thick heavy hair. The new version is kinda rubbery (at least to me). It doesn't work in my hair at all due to the weight. Lucky for me I have hoarded a lifetime supply of the original version.
    (My bad, is it frowned upon to revive ancient threads? ) Really?! That sounds so cool! I would love to see pics of your pony-o! Yup, the new version that I have is silicone-feeling, but it doesn't catch or pull on my hair, surprisingly.

A velvet covered one sounds nice, I wonder why they don't just offer both, they seem different enough for two lines
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

Length
    pixie/chin/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Growing out a pixie. It is chin length so looking for anything that will stop me from cutting! Will give these a go. Thanks
    Lady Ithilethiel Of the Jessamine Winds, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights