Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you love about your hair?

Nursing School Sucks LauraLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default What do you love about your hair?

I love my henna ombre. It compliments my natural color so well. I love how it shines and how it feels after I wash and deep condition it. I'm loving each new centimeter of growth every month, too.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    Hanging around as long as you will let me
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: What do you love about your hair?

I love my coaxed curls on wash day.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I love how soft and shiny it is I love the random spiral curls that come out on the sides near my ears. I love the length so far.

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I love how it feels fluffy and soft on wash day!
    << on the journey to grow back to this length and beyond

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I love the way it is so soft, silky and shiny these days. I love the length it is now and every extra inch it grows. I love that it is so easy to care for and I love stroking it and staring at it in the mirror (oh, that is so narcissistic). I love that is getting to a wowable length. I love that nobody ever knows how long it really is because I always wear it up... I love how wonderful my ends feel after microtrimming. Speaking of which, I love the way I can gain thickness AND length! I love the way it flows and feels so thick and heavy in the shower (even though it's only the weight of the water in it) and I love swooshing it tin the shower too....

Hmmm, I think I really like my hair....lol.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    Hanging around as long as you will let me
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

As you should!

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    As you should!
    It seems that the more I learn how to care for it and the longer it gets, the more I like it.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    BSL/39/Clssc
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Well, I didn't think it all that great before I joined LHC, but that now I'm getting all sorts of compliments on its shine and color and my little hair-doppleganger daughter, I think I'll keep it.

And it makes my husband super happy (he sincerely believes all ladies are prettiest with long hair). Sometimes I'll catch him watching me, beaming, and he'll say, "I just love your long hair." And now it's gotten me into a whole community of really cool people, so it's here to stay.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Honestly, I love everything about my hair. I've always been vain about it, I'm ashamed to say. Vain about how it looks. I didn't like that it was 'hard to manage'--that hairdressers gave me grief about how thick it is, that it tangled a lot and was hard to comb and that washing and styling took forever. But I always knew it is beautiful hair, and have always been complimented on it on how pretty it is whatever hairstyle I choose, people always want to touch and play in it at any length, it seems very cross cultural as I've been told it's great hair everywhere and whatever ethnic group I've been around, and I've been a lot of places, Latin America, Europe, Taiwan.

Now that I've found LHC the 'problems ' of thickness and tangling have been solved and it's even going grey attractively, I feel very blessed.

Now that I'm on a long hair forum, I do have the issue that curls don't show length quickly, and I have moments of feeling miffed about that but you guys are very supportive and I always remind myself that if I want it to look as long as it is, I could straighten it. That's not the done thing here but members like the lovely MINAKO weigh in and show its a viable choice with the right methods and care, for some anyway (not if you want past hip length hair, but to me that's plenty long). However, I really can't stand straight hair on myself so patience is my only real choice, lol. There are plenty of long curlies and hypercurlies on here to remind me how great long curly hair looks and that it's worth the wait.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Complex creature

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I love the way it is so soft, silky and shiny these days. I love the length it is now and every extra inch it grows. I love that it is so easy to care for and I love stroking it and staring at it in the mirror (oh, that is so narcissistic). (...)
    Why one would not be allowed to enjoy this wonderful gift from Mother Nature ? Especially after so many years of loving care to make it possible to grow as healthy as it can be ?? Your hair is wonderful, Sarah. I can't get enough of your slow-motion videos on YouTube : your hair is just sumptuous on them ! The movement and the shine, the incredible softness it looks !... You can legitimately be proud of it !

Quote Originally Posted by Mehry View Post
    (...) And it makes my husband super happy (he sincerely believes all ladies are prettiest with long hair). Sometimes I'll catch him watching me, beaming, and he'll say, "I just love your long hair." And now it's gotten me into a whole community of really cool people, so it's here to stay.
    This is soooo sweet, Mehry !

Quote Originally Posted by chen bao jun View Post
    (...)
    However, I really can't stand straight hair on myself so patience is my only real choice, lol. There are plenty of long curlies and hypercurlies on here to remind me how great long curly hair looks and that it's worth the wait.
    Yes : it's really worth the wait ! I saw your hair on some Ficcare thread and I was amazed how much it had grown !! It would be too bad to ruin your efforts.