Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Washing Hair Without a Shower?

Length
    Chin/Waist/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Default Washing Hair Without a Shower?

This is probably a silly sounding question but how the heck do you wash your hair without a shower?!

We have a bath with a mixer tap and a bit you pull up to turn the shower on. Recently the bit you pull on got jammed beyond belief so I'm stuck with just the bath. The estate agent is being a nightmare about fixing it, so while I have been using my friend's showers I need a long term solution.

I tried getting one of those rubber fittings to do it in the bathroom sink. This presents two issues. First, my hair goes down the drain, snags and pulls up pipe gunk. Second, my hair is TBL and thick, meaning absurdly heavy when wet, meaning my back and neck are in hell all of wash day doing it that way.

Can you just dunk your head back in the bath to rinse? I can't help but think the water would get suds and it wouldn't clean off properly. Am I mistaken? Jug of water maybe? People used to manage without showers so there must be a way.

Tell me your secrets, please!
    Maintaining at tailbone - Henna head - Recently reunited with cones - Forever destashing - Kitten enthusiast

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Washing Hair Without a Shower?

In that case i would try it with a bowl to pour water over my head and then get new water out the tap over and over again until i feel im done rinsing. Maybe a bottle would work as well. I have seen garden hose type thingys that can be attached to the tap as well. A mermaid rinse would work too, but wastes alot of water.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    sl/mbl/cl
    Type
    3a/F/i

I have done mermaid soak backwards in the tub to wash hair using conditioner only method.
    Last edited by MsVenus; March 17th, 2015 at 07:42 AM.

MBL, Next Goals: WL, HL, TBL, Classic length

Type
    1a/F/M/iii

This was the first thing that came to my mind: http://www.emlii.com/images/article/...162f3111a.jpeg

However, I would probably just use a jug of water, it seems like the most simple way.

Length
    buzz/hip/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I lie on my back and put my feet in the air so i'll fit, and I put my hair under water and scrub. I wash my hair first so the water isn't dirty yet. Once the hair all wet, I sit up and put shampoo. I scrub some more and then lie back under the water and scrub and scrub. I just scrub my scalp. Being in the soapy water is enough for the length. When my arms hurt too much to scrub my scalp anymore, I give up and put some conditioner on the ends. I don't get all the soap out because my hair is too thick and my arms hurt too much, but it's worse in the shower and I get much less soap out in the shower because I can't get it all the way wet and holding the shower head means I only have one hand to scrub with. Once my arms are tired, I wash the rest of myself. Then I was the conditioner out using fresh water. Finally I put some water in a bowl with a little bit of vinegar and pour that over the top and rub it in a bit. Once my hair is clean I keep it out of the water as best as I can.

I don't know how people get their hair clean without a bathtub.

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

By dumping pitchers full of water over my head. I was without a shower for a week and this is how we had to do it, and it's also how I rinse out dye so it doesn't splatter everywhere. I do it kneeling to keep the ends out of the rinse water although my knees and ankles don't really like that.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

When I was in my home country, water was scarce during dry season, gallon jug of water, sitting in chair, leaning over large bowl to catch the water, my granny with thick hair she could sit on did this, washed one half at a time to make it more manageable, the other half in a braid pinned up while she washed.
    Of course she did not use shampoo which would require lots of rinsing water becasue of all the suds it makes.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

You know, if you have a sink sprayer (say, in the kitchen), I'd try using that before I tried dumping jugs of water over my head.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Amateur scientist ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/MBL/CLSC
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I'd wash my hair in the sink every now and again...It wasn't the most comfortable, but it got the job done.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019

APL-BSL-MBL-WST-HIP-CLSC
    My Recipe Blog