Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My hair type? - what do you think?

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: My hair type? - what do you think?

Don't worry about posting new thread: people love to look at hair photos and it's fun to try and put them in type catgories.

Also, don't worry about the type you decide to put into your profile. The difference between the types suggested here, 1c to 2a, are not that big and you can always update the type. Your hair doesn't change whether you write in your profile it's 1 b or 3 c, these are man made categories with little to no meaning outside hair forums.
    Last edited by Arctic; March 12th, 2015 at 10:57 AM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Estrid View Post
    Thank you for your answer My hair looks like that all the time unless I go through it with my tangle teezer.

It is interesting what you say, I personally don't understand the "body vs wave" that well (maybe that's why I can't tell what my hair type is on my own). I understand that the big bulks every here and there are "body", but I got some that does form a wavepattern without it looking irregular or like a bulk... Maybe it is still a bit too early to tell, what do I know
    Well I always think the body wave more like "body" without actual wave. It's an *invisible* or almost invisible HUGE wave pattern that makes your hair voluminous (a little or more so), either at the root, length or both. Body is what differentiates 1a type (no body what so ever) from the next types. 1 b has slightly more volume and maybe a little bend at the tips, and 1c has in addition to volume *some* visible BIG waves, but they might not last when hair is combed etc, and the overall look is that of straight hair rather than wavy. That's how I think of it, it might not be the exact way the LHC type guide stated these things, though.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Very similar to mine, though how it looks when it's longer will tell you more. Mine gets a few cycles of wave, but the waves that are there sort of stay near the ends and are pulled out of the upper lengths. (Do you have frizzy, curly new hairs that only decide after a few inches of growth that they're not going to be curly after all, like I do?)

I'd say you're safe putting 1c/2a down if you want. But it looks like you're another with one of those funny straivy hairtypes that can never really decide whether it's going to be straight or wavy and tries to do both.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2a/C/ii

I guess it is something about the 1c that bothers me, don't ask me why, it just does. Maybe it is because I have never considered my hair to be straight :P Maybe I should put it in the middle (1c/2a) just to calm my mind until it's more noticeable what it is.

Arctic: If that is what body wave is I do have lots of it, but the waves I see in my hair, especially on the sides, don't seem to be related to those. But yeah, I guess I'll have to wait some more till I know. Would be nice if I could tell by BSL, but maybe that's wishful thinking
    Last edited by Estrid; March 12th, 2015 at 11:11 AM.

Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Very similar to mine, though how it looks when it's longer will tell you more. Mine gets a few cycles of wave, but the waves that are there sort of stay near the ends and are pulled out of the upper lengths. (Do you have frizzy, curly new hairs that only decide after a few inches of growth that they're not going to be curly after all, like I do?)

I'd say you're safe putting 1c/2a down if you want. But it looks like you're another with one of those funny straivy hairtypes that can never really decide whether it's going to be straight or wavy and tries to do both.
    Haha, funny that you mentioned those new hairs! Yes, I have like a little hat of curly-ish new hairs on the top of my head, going in all directions, I never notice when they go down, but some are kinda long.

Aaaand I suppose I am. Would be nice to be a solid *something* for once, but I guess I have to be happy with what I got. Straivy was a fun word, Ima remember that

Length
    neck/mbl/Tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

1c. Very pretty texture!

"The dreams of childhood- its airy fables,its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown..." - Charles Dickens
    el~nl~sl~cbl~apl~bsl~mbl~wl~hl

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I hear you. I've tried to wear my hair wavy before: Gel and plopping and minimal handling after it's dry. It's wavy if I do that, but in a stringy, tentacle-y sort of way that I really hate on myself. Usually I just comb out all the wave when it's wet instead. So I end up with hair that's more straight than not, and usually ends up bunned anyway.

I've got by far the straightest hair in my family. Everyone else has strong waves or curls. I'm blaming them for my indecisive baby hairs!
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2a/C/ii

I see I like my hair better when I leave it alone. The body that my hair got makes it look really strange (imo) when brushed out, so I usually just detangle a little with my fingers or a wide tooth comb.

My mother got red wavy hair, my father got straight blonde-ish hair (hard to say when he shaves all off), ofc my hair became an indecisive mix