Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vitamin C Treatments

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Vitamin C Treatments

Quote Originally Posted by chiapommama View Post
    Did my first ever vitamin c treatment last night.
    Used Obsidian's recipe mentioned earlier.
    Took 3 vitamin c tablets , crushed them, mixed with a little water to dissolve, mixed it with Shea Moisture moisture retention shampoo.
    Lathered , left on for 15 min under a plastic cap, rinsed out , shampooed again with the Shea Moisture, conditioned with Garnier Pure Clean, rinsed it out, citric acid rinse, left in.
    3 drops of sweet almond oil to seal in moisture.Air dried.

My hair is so soft. The hair and scalp are very happy.

How often can I do this without damaging my hair or drying it out?
    This I don't know. I would say it depends on your hair. In the last 4 months or so, I've probably done 12 treatments trying to fade some stubborn blue dye. Its not damaged my hair but I have tough hair. I've bleached it to death in the past and at the worse, it just got dry.

I wouldn't recommend doing it more than necessary, for me that's about once a month. Next time I chelate, I'm going to try one tablet left on for 5 minutes. The weakest solution left on for the shortest amount of time will have to be better in the long run.
    Back to henna, again

Thank you Obsidian!

So I dyed my hair a fire truck red and it was AWFUL! Im talking, it would burn your eyes. Anyways, I had to make it less red so I got the vitamin C tablets that aren't coated, made them into a powder, and mixed it with a clear colored shampoo and left it on for an hour.
    My hair was then a dark blonde orange ( cause my color under all that red is a dark strawberry blondish color) so it worked so well that my colorist was able to turn me back strawberry pretty quickly!
    Now my hair felt sooo dry so I had to go get a keratin treatment and trim half and inch.but it was worth it.

Length
    9 in/15 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Have you tried mixing vit c tablets, bicarbonate of soda and head and shoulders dandruff shampoo. This is left on for 30 mins then shampoo and condition afterwards. This is great to calm down a too red result.

Quote Originally Posted by jltjayden View Post
    Have you tried mixing vit c tablets, bicarbonate of soda and head and shoulders dandruff shampoo. This is left on for 30 mins then shampoo and condition afterwards. This is great to calm down a too red result.
    This still works or not!

I have some problems with my hair and I need a Vitamin C treatment and I don't know which to do.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I honestly wouldn't mix vit c and baking soda. Pick one or the other and try it. I've found vit c to be less damaging or drying then the soda.
    What problem are you trying to fix?
    Back to henna, again

Well, I mean, usually it takes at least a month to be able to see any changes in your hair, skin, whatever you might be looking for. That goes for any vitamins and supplements in general, so don't expect anything overnight. Also, vitamin D should be accompanied by some keratine if your end goal is your hair's health. Personally, I use this brand shopwellabs and I'm in love with the products they have.