Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show me your bangs!!

Default Show me your bangs!!

I don't really have bangs myself, but I've been considering getting them for a little while now. I didn't see any threads similar to this one at all, and I wanted some inspiration to get bangs myself, so post away your bangs/fringe pictures here

Since I don't have bangs yet, I wanted to post a couple of pictures of what I had in mind for my future bangs:

http://www.nsmbl.com/wp-content/uplo...riah-Carey.jpg

http://file.answcdn.com/answ-cld/ima...9f7dfe4ef8.png
    Last edited by Gumball; March 3rd, 2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Changed images to links. See http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35939 for details.

Length
    ??/29.5/35
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Show me your bangs!!

Here are my bangs! I know we have very different hair types, but I still wanted to play along!

Nice bangs! and yeah, this is definitely for all hair types Did you cut yours yourself? I've been thinking about going that route rather than going to a hair stylist.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Mine are in my profile pic.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    ??/29.5/35
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyGrace View Post
    Nice bangs! and yeah, this is definitely for all hair types Did you cut yours yourself? I've been thinking about going that route rather than going to a hair stylist.

Thanks! I had a stylist do the initial cut, but I've been trimming them myself ever since. At the moment though, I'm considering letting them grow out. I still haven't decided for sure if I want to keep trimming or not.

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Kind of a bad pic but here's mine:

(Sorry if the image is huge)
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Length
    sl/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Bangs are great! They make your hair look like it's in a style when it's not.
    Proud mama and fiancée
    Chin length

Here's a current picture of my bangs. I love them! They're actually really good for my hair, too, because around the time I first started on LHC, I had let them completely grow out, and when I read that keeping your hair in updos all the time is good for it I scoffed at the idea, unable to stand the way my face looks without at least a little hair around it. About a month later, I got the bangs cut back in, and suddenly I was a lot more comfortable with the idea of leaving the house with my hair in a bun. I still only do so infrequently, but the fact that it happens at all is a testament to the power of bangs.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I gather the hair from the front of my ears up across in a give-or-take straight line in a ponytail between my eyebrows and cut that. It's a great way to do it for straighter hair types. It's very simple, it gives a lovely framing crescent of hair, and as long as you don't have an off-center cowlick OR you're willing to blow-dry your fringe with a round brush to hold it flat to temporarily fix the cowlick, it's pretty even.
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

i hope this isnt huge! everyone has awesome bangs.
    Last edited by hannabiss; March 3rd, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
    Who knows what I'm gonna do with my hair anymore...