Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with MASSIVE frizz :(

Length
    BSL/WL+/Clas
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Post Dealing with MASSIVE frizz :(

The humidity here is increasing day by day and my hair is having a frizz explosion.

My hair has always had a frizz problem while air drying, the little coarse kinky hair strands I have close to my scalp usually frizz a lot and give me that "halo" look. I usually solve this by detangling and a light oiling after it dries. But right now it's frizzy ALL THE TIME. I do not know how to deal with this!!

Any of you wavies/wurlies have any tips for dealing with frizz?

Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Dealing with MASSIVE frizz :(

Maybe try oiling it while damp ? Or leave in conditioner ?

Now i only experience frizz if there is really humid, but when my hair was damaged it was constantly frizzy.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Maybe the rinse-out oil (only use this on the lengths of your hair, though). The link is in my signature to check out, if you want. Basically it means you shampoo as normal, take 10 drops of an oil, spread well through palms and run over the lengths or very tips of your hair (your choice), then rinse, then apply your conditioner. You can also apply your conditioner directly and then rinse - you just have to experiment a little with what works for you.

I would try a serum or maybe some aloe vera gel, for now, until you can wash again.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/APL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

My lengths are much happier and less frizzy with lapuskaīs ROO/rinse-out-oil method, itīs great! The canopy is trickier since I want to avoid getting conditioner or oils on my scalp. I usually do apply a very little of my leave in mineral oil on the canopy top layer (by stroking my palms over the canopy after stroking the lengths and applying most of the oil there) and it helps a little. Also blowdrying on cool/warmish, from above and down the canopy/lengths, help my wiry halo hairs to be smoother and calmer (but I am unsure whether they will really stay smoother once you go out if it is really humid/rainy). No better suggestions unfortunately... Iīll be stalking this thread to see if anyone else has a good tip that I havenīt tried!

Length
    BSL/WL+/Clas
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Morrigan, I do oil while damp as I do a variation of LOC.
    Lapushka, I will try the rinse-out oil in my next wash! What kind of oil is best? I have M hair predominantly (though about a third of it is F.) I usually do oiling as a pre-poo treatment though - do I continue doing this along with rinse-out oil? I am a bit confused.
    Catasa, thank you for the tip! Maybe I can increase the amount of oil I use, but I don't want to end up with a greasy scalp-as it is, I wash twice a week.

I have decided to begin using conditioner as my hair is getting longer and the ends get a bit dry. But since I am sulfate-free I need a silicone free conditioner, which I ordered online so I will have to wait until it arrives.

I will look at some serums, and for now I will use aloe gel. I need to really search for a silicone free one as my hair does not like silicones! Nearly everything sold here for hair has silicones in it. I have even seen some hair oils with silicones... :/

Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by Anya15; April 14th, 2016 at 08:31 AM.

Length
    8"/18"/IDK
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It seems that I suffer from this issue as well. I've tried oiling, leave-in conditioner and still have an issue with frizzy hairs on top of my head. I find that the majority of them are new growth. The only thing that seems to work is adding in a little gel and I hate to do that - I only go that method when I've got an event. If you find another method that helps, please share!

Length
    SL+/APL+/HL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Hi anou, maybe I can help you, my mother have the same problem whit the frizz (she have curly and frizzy hair) she prepares a natural gel whit linseed and her hair looks very good everytime, without frizz.
    I give you the recipe if you want to try:
    -0,5liter of water
    -3 tablespoon of linseed
    -1 tablespoon of coconut oil or almod oil
    She puts it all into the pot to boil for half an hour and then she sneaks it. When the liquid is cooled will catch gel texture, you must keep in the fridge to hold more days.
    She uses it with wet hair like any gel and removes any frizz.
    if you decide to try I hope work you too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    23/27.5/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Try the Ethic section in the hair aisle of your stores. I've found they have more silicone free/natural ingredients in a larger portion of their products. Good luck!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Styling gel.
    Put small dab of gel into palm. Wet the other hand. Rub hands together. Run palms down hair.

This is my last step in styling on frizzy days. Sometimes I have to do it twice. Comb out carefully at the end of the day.

Length
    SL/APL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by anou View Post
    snip
    I have decided to begin using conditioner as my hair is getting longer and the ends get a bit dry. But since I am sulfate-free I need a silicone free conditioner, which I ordered online so I will have to wait until it arrives.

I will look at some serums, and for now I will use aloe gel. I need to really search for a silicone free one as my hair does not like silicones! Nearly everything sold here for hair has silicones in it. I have even seen some hair oils with silicones... :/

Thanks a ton!
    If you have a hard time finding a conditioner you like you could try pure honey - that is what I use as my hair hates regular conditioner/aquires buildup very easily. I use the honey exactly as a normal conditioner - shampoo hair, squeeze excess moisture from lengths, apply my rinse-out-oil to lengths from ears/nape down (I use mineral oil, about 6-8 drops), apply the honey also only to the lengths, let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse. This works very well for me and seem to cause very little buildup, if any at all. Maybe the honey could actually also be used on the canopy without getting "oily" or weighing the scalp hair down very much, but I havenīt tried this (I am quite afraid of anything moisturizing on my scalp since my CO experiment = massive shedding).

I hope you find something that works!