Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sedr (Zizyphus Spina Christi)

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Sedr (Zizyphus Spina Christi)

Quote Originally Posted by natieya View Post
    Thanks everyone! Hmm, I wonder what's in the Lotus Powder Plus that makes it smell so good... anyone know?
    I once tried to recreate Lotus Powder Plus, and this was the closest I came:
    Equal parts:
    Neem
    Tulsi
    Triphala
    Chandan (sandalwood)
    Rosemary
    Persian Lotus (sedr)

The color and aroma were very, very close, but Lotus Powder Plus is moister (damper?), so I think there must be some essential oils in it, too.

Flaxen, you are so sweet to write this out! Thank you very much! Also, how long did it take you to come up with the ingredients? You're really smart! I don't think I'd ever figure all that out.

Anyway, thanks again. You are a sweetheart!

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by natieya View Post
    Flaxen, you are so sweet to write this out! Thank you very much! Also, how long did it take you to come up with the ingredients? You're really smart! I don't think I'd ever figure all that out.

Anyway, thanks again. You are a sweetheart!
    Some of the ingredients are mentioned on the EverydayHenna site, and I just sort of guessed at the rest. It only took me one evening of making small batches to come up with it. You are most welcome, and thank you for such nice words!

Type
    2a/M/iii

It is commonly used around here to wash the hair with and it is believed it helps with growth and shine. Some use it as henna is used, mixed with water and applied, others soak the powder in water, drain and use the water as a rinse, others even mix it with their shampoo.

I tried it for a while mixed it in my henna past I wanted to lessen the dye content of the mud, I also used it as mud with a spoon of henna added just to add some color. I did not notice any particular benefit though.

I was thinking of giving it another try though, but this time I think I will use it alone as hair wash, not sure yet though.

My hair is shoulder length now... but that is nothing to flaunt.
    15Apr2013 Hair is 1-2" shy from the pic above. Much better.

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Zizyphus Spina Christi

So I was looking at hennforhair/mehndi.com and I saw something I hadn't seen before: Zizyphus Spina Christi. I have really fine & thin hair, and think sometimes my conditioner weighs down my hair. Maybe I'll have to try this out. Has anyone ever used this before? What are you thoughts?

Zizyphus Spina Christi is a desert plant. The leaves were powdered and used to wash hair before shampoo was available. It leaves hair clean, shiny, healthy and well conditioned. It does not leave any color in the hair.

Zizyphus Spina Christi is ideal for:
    • people who have light colored hair and would like the conditioning of henna, but with no color change
    • people who can't use any soap or detergent to wash their hair.
    • people who have fine, limp hair and would like more thickness and texture
    • people whose hair needs extra protection from water, sun and dust
    Mix Zizyphus Spina Christi with water until it is a paste about as thick as yoghurt. Let the paste rest an hour or two. Section your hair, and apply the paste. Work the paste throroughly into your hair. Let it stay in your hair for an hour. Rinse your hair completely with hot water. 25 grams of Zizyphus will clean and condition your hair.

Length
    20in/32in/52in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Zizyphus Spina Christi

Quote Originally Posted by tooqute2nv View Post
    So I was looking at hennforhair/mehndi.com and I saw something I hadn't seen before: Zizyphus Spina Christi. I have really fine & thin hair, and think sometimes my conditioner weighs down my hair. Maybe I'll have to try this out. Has anyone ever used this before? What are you thoughts?

Zizyphus Spina Christi is a desert plant. The leaves were powdered and used to wash hair before shampoo was available. It leaves hair clean, shiny, healthy and well conditioned. It does not leave any color in the hair.

• people who have light colored hair and would like the conditioning of henna, but with no color change
    Mix Zizyphus Spina Christi with water until it is a paste about as thick as yoghurt. Let the paste rest an hour or two. Section your hair, and apply the paste. Work the paste throroughly into your hair. Let it stay in your hair for an hour. Rinse your hair completely with hot water. 25 grams of Zizyphus will clean and condition your hair.
    This sounds interesting! (now SLH goes over to HFH to check it out!)

On the edge of my forest!

Thats interesting. I have never used it or heard of it but i have fine and think hair too. I have been using soapnuts to wash my hair and it has made my hair a lot thicker and shiner. I dont shed as much hair as i used. I dont need to use any rinse or conditioner with soapnuts. They are chemical free and great for your hair. May be you can give it a try.

Check this out for more information.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=95

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    waist/29/hip
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by tooqute2nv View Post

Quite interesting though I have never heard about this plant before. Where did you find it ?

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

You'll want to read this thread.

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Thx, Flaxen!