Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny - first stranger reaction

Length
    pixie/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Talking Funny - first stranger reaction

I was in the cafeteria at work this morning and the guy behind the counter looked like he had a question for me...I told him he'd already taken my order and he said "I know. I was looking at your hair. Is it natural?" My first thoughts were - "Did I not do a good de-tangling job this morning??" and "Of course the color is natural---who puts white highlights in dark brown hair?" The I realized he'd seen me walk across the cafeteria and was talking about the length. Oops. I thought it was still mostly pulled through the scrunchy at my nape and there was a big old chunk hanging down my back. :P Much blushing. It's the first time anyone random ever said anything, and I've been so distracted that I always forget that I'm getting past the common "long hair" and into "really long hair" even though it doesn't feel like it to me. It's only an inch or two past my waist and still looks/feels only moderately long to me (unless it's wet). I haven't really done any S&D or micro-trimming since early last spring, so I've had a decent jump in length over the summer. I definitely need to trim one of these days. The ends are snarly from the brush I used all summer (bad I know). I actually logged in today to look for a good wooden comb source!

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: Funny - first stranger reaction

People are so funny sometimes! Be proud that you have 'stop and stare' hair! It sounds gorgeous from what you've described. My friend and I saw a young girl today with down to her bum hair (I will learn the correct terms honest) and we both went 'aww look at her lovely hair' and sighed lol.

Daughter of the King WritingPrincess's Avatar
    South of the cheese, not quite out of the corn.
    Length
    SL/41"/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Congratulations on this important milestone!
    "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
    ~ John 8:11

I like this wooden comb:

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/02971&bklist=

The Body Shop.

I think you can get it in the States. This link is to the UK....converting from UK money this would cost in US dollars, around $7...not including shipping from the UK...but again, I am pretty sure you can get this in the US.

I was introduced to this comb by Leona, who has stunningly beautiful hair!

I now own 2.

It has a nice treatment to the wood that makes it rather smooth. And because of this treatment, if your hair is damp, the wood will not be compromised. In fact, I have cleaned this comb under water, although I did dry it completely, promptly!

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I also have 2 body shop combs. I really like them. I had an almost bad experience with water though. It some how got very wet and warped into a pretty steep curve. I thought I'd have to toss it, but when it dried it returned to it's original shape.
    "If you’re bothered by every rub, how will you ever be polished?”- Rumi

Length
    pixie/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Ooh thanks! I never would have thought of the body shop. We've lost our local retail shop (except at the airport) but I am sure I can order one. Just an excuse to shop there...I used to be addicted to their banana shampoo and conditioner back in high school!

Length
    12/24/Termi
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

So glad you had this nice experience!

sky
    Lady Boudicca of the Flaming Tartan
    in the Order of
    The Long-Haired Knights

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I don't know where in MN you are but I think the Mall of America still has one. It's a great comb and it's not real pricey. If you get one be sure to oil it now and then.

I am not here to decorate your world

Type
    1b/M/ii

Your hair sounds beautiful lyneya. Congratulation on your first real hair compliment.I have the Body Shop wooden brush which is great, i intentionally went there to buy the comb, but now I can't seem to find them anymore and i've looked everywhere. Thanks for that link heidi w.

Length
    pixie/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    I don't know where in MN you are but I think the Mall of America still has one. It's a great comb and it's not real pricey. If you get one be sure to oil it now and then.
    I live about 10 mins away from the Mall of America! I could have sworn that store disappeared. Guess it shows how much I hate the mall! I only ever go there with one specific goal in mind and leave! I may have to leave the baby with the husband and zip out to the mall this weekend! Thanks!!