Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Retro/Vintage 'Dos!

Length
    CBL/CBL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Post Your Retro/Vintage 'Dos!

I just love this thread!

Here's my frizzy fluffy length-eating pin curls:

My pin curling skills still need a lot of improving, but I'm getting there Before this I've always used sponge curlers but they're just so uncomfortable to sleep with.
    CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Density has nothing to do with it. It's the teasing that's the money-maker! I don't tease it very often, and am careful when I take it out.

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedsusan View Post
    Density has nothing to do with it. It's the teasing that's the money-maker! I don't tease it very often, and am careful when I take it out.
    AAh, that's the secret! I'm not gainst occasional teasing either, maybe I will try victory rolls one of these days again.

Kiiruna this could be from 1940s - not sure if the hair style is historically accurate to fourties (all I know that it's very nice vintage-y look! I'm not very good telling which vintage decade had which hair styles) but what I meant is the composition, tones and pose.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

It looks very late '40s/early '50s to me. So does your outfit. Love that you shot it in black and white.

*gasp* So, so beautiful Kiiruna!
    CBL - APL - MBL - BSL - WL - TBL

Length
    Ear/Hip/Longr
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiruna View Post
    I just love this thread!

Here's my frizzy fluffy length-eating pin curls:

My pin curling skills still need a lot of improving, but I'm getting there Before this I've always used sponge curlers but they're just so uncomfortable to sleep with.
    Your hair looks beautiful in those curls! My hair never stays like that, the curls drop after a few minutes, so I kind of gave up on actual curls and accepted the waves that take their place.
    You also have a gorgeous face and you look like a real pin-up in that pic!

Length
    Ear/Hip/Longr
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I've posted these before on another thread but they're the only ones I have right now.
    They're from last week or the one before that, I slept with velcro rollers and brushed them out, making a C in the air with the brush, and they ate up a lot of length. They turned out really fluffy and soft, but we're in the middle of fall here, which basically means the weather is a surprise for about 3 or 4 months, so the winds just tore it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by lulikrueger View Post
    I've posted these before on another thread but they're the only ones I have right now.
    They're from last week or the one before that, I slept with velcro rollers and brushed them out, making a C in the air with the brush, and they ate up a lot of length. They turned out really fluffy and soft, but we're in the middle of fall here, which basically means the weather is a surprise for about 3 or 4 months, so the winds just tore it apart.

This is lovely. Very authentic

Length
    32/32/?????
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

lulikrueger, so pretty !What do mean with making a c in the air with the brush? Is that a special brush out technique?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiruna View Post

Your curls look really nice. I saw this tutorial on YouTube where this girl rolled her hair on curlers, then slid the curlers out sideways and then tied the curl with a rag. Kind of like a barrel curl just with rags or strings instead of pins. I ve been trying it, it's not that easy for me but it's really nice for sleeping. I wish I would have favourited the tutorial though. I just can't find it again.

Length
    Ear/Hip/Longr
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Thank you, shrinkingviolet! I did the standard pin up pin curl pattern, like this:

Yarrow, it's a way to make the curls align better and form prettier, integrated waves! I'll brush in an inward C motion on each side so they'll curl to the "inside". It's kind of hard to explain but it's really simple and makes up for the sleekest result.