Thread: new member saying hi!

Length
    26/30/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default new member saying hi!

Hi I am new here and from Sunny Western Australia. My hair is currently bra strap length and i would like to get to waist. I have about 5 or 6 inches to go. I seem to always get to this length and then no further. I have never really done much to promote growth or nurture my hair though. I am looking forward to learning from everyone's experiences and making a real concerted effort.

Default Re: new member saying hi!

Welcome to the group!
    Did you try just waiting for your hair to grow and if so for how long? For me it just happened automatically.

Length
    26/30/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I seem to have had a vision of getting to waist length for many years and I do tend to just wait and see. It seems to get to bra strap length no problem, but never any further. But I have never really nurtured it. I've been using hair ties, barrettes, and washing every two days, rarely if ever do deep treatments . This could be my terminal length but I don't think so as I had it to my waist in my teens. So really I think I need to coax it more with love and care and came across this community. It's such a treasure trove of info . I fear my hair may become a costly obsession.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!

How often are you getting trims? Not every 4 - 8 weeks I hope, because that just means the stylist is getting rid of all of your growth.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    26/30/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Welcome!

How often are you getting trims? Not every 4 - 8 weeks I hope, because that just means the stylist is getting rid of all of your growth.
    Usually every 12 weeks or so lapushka but I am starting to realise the stylist is removing more than I might want. It's hard to tell when you have that Cape on and it's all behind your back. I'm starting to think my SO might be a better choice if I need a trim. I also need to be clear witht the stylist that I am wanting to keep growing it and not cut it shorter.

Length
    SL/Hip/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Hi welcome to the forum!!
    Started growing 10/2014 {SL* APL * BSL * MBL * WL * Hip * TB *Classic}