Page 2 of 184 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rinse-out oil (ROO) / Oil Rinse

Length
    36/BCL/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: Rinse-out oil

i have tried this last summer and it worked fairly well for me i used almond oil. But my method may be a little different? hmm not sure. What i did is i wet my hair and washed it with either sulfate free shampoo or cone free conditioner (whatever i was using at the time) first, then applied the oil, then rinsed it out and applied a heavier/ coney conditioner.

Jojoba oil does not work with my hair i got lots of broken pieces whenever i used it straight (it acts like a protein treatment on my hair) but i would like to try other oils such as my beloved camellia oil and MO.

“You are only afraid if you are not in harmony with yourself.” H. Hesse

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wilderwein View Post
    Hmmm I have a oil that it claims to be a dry oil wich basicaly has lots of oils on it and you can use it on your body and skin too, so I will try that first (wich surely it will rinse easier than olive oil)
    Is it by Garnier or L'oreal by any chance. Most likely it is a serum (with silicones) rather than a pure oil.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    25"/35.5"/---
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Is it by Garnier or L'oreal by any chance. Most likely it is a serum (with silicones) rather than a pure oil.
    No, its that http://www.sephora.com/divine-oil-P374502 let me now if any of the ingredients are bad for hair couse some of them I dont actually now what they are o.o
    25.-.26.-.27.-.28.-.29.-.30.-.31.-.32.-.33.-.34.-.35.5.-.36.-.37.-.38.-.39.-.40.-.41.-.42.-.43.-.44.-.45
    stopped hair dye/bleach since 22.12.2014

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

No, its that http://www.sephora.com/divine-oil-P374502 let me now if any of the ingredients are bad for hair couse some of them I dont actually now what they are o.o
    These are the ingredients:

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Isoamyl Cocoate*, Coco-Caprylate*, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Tocopherol*, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Citric Acid*, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol. 2008/107/084. *Plant origin.

Seems okay enough... although it's not completely natural. But then again, neither is mineral oil.

Length
    25"/35.5"/---
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I know right? There is no yet the GREAT product >_< I tried mineral oil but it makes my hair look weird =/ but then again I tried a serum wich had silicones AND mineral oil and it was perfect =| hair whats wrong with you?
    25.-.26.-.27.-.28.-.29.-.30.-.31.-.32.-.33.-.34.-.35.5.-.36.-.37.-.38.-.39.-.40.-.41.-.42.-.43.-.44.-.45

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I know right? There is no yet the GREAT product >_< I tried mineral oil but it makes my hair look weird =/ but then again I tried a serum wich had silicones AND mineral oil and it was perfect =| hair whats wrong with you?
    Yep, you just have to give it what it wants. No rhyme or reason!

Length
    25"/35.5"/---
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Yep, you just have to give it what it wants. No rhyme or reason!
    It is a -beautiful- living monster!!!

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I actually tried this method last year and found it to be too many steps for me in the shower, so I just add the same amount of oil to my last conditioner and only apply from the shoulders down. I'm loving what adding oil to my conditioner is doing, and it takes me so much less time than sealing my hair afterward (a la the LOC method).

Even with a full tablespoon in less than 1/4 cup of conditioner my hair doesn't end up greasy, just a bit oiled. In fact, my damaged ends don't even look oiled, just the healthy hair. (I assume that's because the damaged hair has more surface 'pits, cracks, etc' for the oil to go into, instead of just sitting on the surface)
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by veryhairyfairy View Post
    I actually tried this method last year and found it to be too many steps for me in the shower, so I just add the same amount of oil to my last conditioner and only apply from the shoulders down. I'm loving what adding oil to my conditioner is doing, and it takes me so much less time than sealing my hair afterward (a la the LOC method).

Even with a full tablespoon in less than 1/4 cup of conditioner my hair doesn't end up greasy, just a bit oiled. In fact, my damaged ends don't even look oiled, just the healthy hair. (I assume that's because the damaged hair has more surface 'pits, cracks, etc' for the oil to go into, instead of just sitting on the surface)
    A full tablespoon... Gives me something to think about. Here *I* am with my few drops of MO.

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

A full tablespoon... Gives me something to think about. Here *I* am with my few drops of MO.
    Right? TBH I was really surprised this last wash that I didn't end up with clumpy greasy hair. It looks great after a night of absorbing/rubbing off, now. To me it doesn't even look oiled anymore.
    But hey, I bet your locks are a LOT less thirsty than my own, so a tablespoon of oil could be a nightmare for you!
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient