Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Show me your black/dark brown hair

Length
    Chin/30/TBL+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Show me your black/dark brown hair

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Your hair color is very pretty, Rebeccalaurenxx!

I’ve been where you are multiple times, in terms of struggling to find henna/indigo suppliers I like. I live in an area where Indian stores open every couple of years, last for a few months, then close up. I’ve never been able to get a consistent local supply of either. Even online shopping has had its frustrations. Currently I Amazon subscribe-and-save my henna and indigo, but I’ve had to change brands multiple times as certain ones will go on and off the list. Ugh there’s always that scary trial period where I’m not certain I’ll like the new brand. At the moment, I love the indigo I have subscribe-and-saved, but my henna just went off the list. I bought it in bulk so I can stay in my same routine for a few months, but once that runs out I’ll be scrambling again. I really like the aspect of automatically having my color sent to me when I need it, so it’s frustrating when there are disruptions to that.

——

Current color varies between a cool black and a warm black/dark brown, depending on how long it’s been since a henndigo. This is what it looks like during the middle of the cycle:

Yes.
    After this go I think I might switch to pravana. I’ll have to touch up more often but it’ll be consistent.
    I won’t have to search and search.

----Pixie---Shoulder---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---CL---->
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    bsl/waist/knee?
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Rebeccalaurenxx I'm also at a loss not being able to buy what I usually used where I'm living now... switching to something easier to buy might be a good idea. It's looking long, though, and very curly in that pic.

C_Bookworm the colour looks great, bluish black, at least in the photo. It's what I'm always aiming for
    Bared on your tomb I'm a prayer for your loneliness
    And would you ever soon come above unto me?

Length
    Chin/Sit/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    C_Bookworm the colour looks great, bluish black, at least in the photo. It's what I'm always aiming for
    Thanks! Bluish Black is my dream color as well. Iíve played around with lots of different henna/indigo combinations, and different glosses like manic panic, pravana, Arctic Fox, etc. I keep hoping for that magic combination that gives the right color but isnít an untenable amount of work. Havenít found it yet though.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    **Sit**Classic**FTL**~~~No trim 2020 - First half!

Length
    Chin/30/TBL+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    Rebeccalaurenxx I'm also at a loss not being able to buy what I usually used where I'm living now... switching to something easier to buy might be a good idea. It's looking long, though, and very curly in that pic.

My only issue is I know something else, will create the green-blue hue I don’t like.
    I prefer to either have a red or purple hue, as my natural color doesn’t look great with that green undetone.
    I don’t know what else to try, other then a straight up purple, but I don’t want purple hair lol

----Pixie---Shoulder---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---CL---->
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm thinking of trying pravana in blue, because what I saw from piggy was that using blue or purple wont make it fade to green like say arctic fox will. So i'm gonna go for blue and god I hope I dont mess up my hair lol I really dont want blue hair but blue black will be nice. I'm really tired of this maroon color I got from henna.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Chin/37"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    I'm thinking of trying pravana in blue, because what I saw from piggy was that using blue or purple wont make it fade to green like say arctic fox will. So i'm gonna go for blue and god I hope I dont mess up my hair lol I really dont want blue hair but blue black will be nice. I'm really tired of this maroon color I got from henna.
    You should be fine! I've been using Pravana for the same effect (i have a fresh tube of Violet bought yesterday!) and it holds better against black than other brands for my hair. Manic Panic is so-so but Arctic Fox washed out/dropped out in about 4 washes (?!).

For several years I've been creating "raven feather" hair that has a bluish/purplish/greenish effect in sunlight, but looks normal black in regular light/indoors. I adore the blue-black color too, and freak when it looks even a little "brown".
    Last edited by Alissalocks; April 27th, 2018 at 08:25 AM.
    <- Me, bellydancing in HAIR ~ currently BCL but longer is better

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alissalocks View Post
    You should be fine! I've been using Pravana for the same effect (i have a fresh tube of Violet bought yesterday!) and it holds better against black than other brands for my hair. Manic Panic is so-so but Arctic Fox washed out/dropped out in about 4 washes (?!).

For several years I've been creating "raven feather" hair that has a bluish/purplish/greenish effect in sunlight, but looks normal black in regular light/indoors. I adore the blue-black color too, and freak when it looks even a little "brown".
    Thats good to know thank you!

I am also interested in a hair dye called Bigen in oriental black. ANyone try this brand before? It has a japanese lady on the front.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    12 in/22/36 in
    Type
    1a/M/iii

4 inches of my roots are virgin hair. The remaining length has been bleached and box dyed brown so the length is a lighter brown with reddish hues in the light. My virgin hair is a dark brown with red undertones.