Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unscented products? I'm in the US.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Unscented products? I'm in the US.

My scalp gets so itchy when I use fragranced products. I think it can tolerate essential oils ok but no fragrances. This is becoming hard cause I'm starting to have tangle problems and everything has fragrance. Ugh. Thanks for the help!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Unscented products? I'm in the US.

Hmmm. I don't have any product ieas but have you tried coconut oil, or shea butter etc? Maybe some herbal hair care in general might be good?
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

If you're looking for oils you can check your local supermarket cooking oils. Food grade oils have no fragrance. I can see, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil,grapeseed oil, argon oil etc that can be used on hair. They're a better grade than those found in the cosmetic section/shop.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Not used these but they seem to have good reviews.
    http://www.natlallergy.com/free-clea...z-bottles.html

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Most of the Lush products use only essential oils for fragrance. You can have a look on their website to see the full ingredients lists and if they look promising you can find your nearest store or order online.
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I think you need to have another look at lush, almost all their products contain synthetic fragrance and their essential oils aren't true oils, they are just some of the components found in EO's. Plus they have all this natural fruit/veggie juice/puree in many products but they use no preservatives, what a great way to introduce bacteria to your skin.
    Sorry but IMO, lush is a company to stay far, far away from.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Agreed with Obsidian on Lush, their products contain so many potential irritants and iffy packaging, it's hard to deduce what the issue if there is an allergic reaction. Whole Foods has a "365" store brand of shampoo and conditioner that's unscented, as does Earth Science, Magick Botanicals and Avalon Organics. For drugstore brands, there is one called 'Free and Clear'. There's also a Canadian Brand called Curelle that you can find online which is excellent, it doesn't contain any known irritants, whether they be natural or synthetic in nature. If you go with essential oils, maybe stick with products that contain only one or two, in case you have an issue, as essential oils can be very irritating, but because of the "natural" product movement, if there is an allergic reaction, it oftentimes gets blamed on something else ("chemicals", sulfates, silicones..), when it could in fact be essential oils that are causing the problem. Another option is to try a plain baby shampoo, those are supposed to be ph balanced and should be formulated to be more mild.

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Paradise Island Organics is an online company that has some great shampoo... They have a completely unscented version. You can find them on Amazon.
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    12/35.5/37
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

We are sensitive to fragrances at my house - so here are some that I have used

Paula's Choice - the company has a good reputation as well. the products are non irritating basics. get on the mailing list & wait for sales
    http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/ski...ies/hair-care/

Free & Clear - the company does not have a good reputation - although my husband likes their products

Magick Botanicals - I have used their Gel which is good I mix it with a bit of oil. The company has a good reputation:

http://smile.amazon.com/Magick-Botan...ick+Botanicals

I hope this helps!

Pam

Type
    1b/F/i

All of John Masters Organics is pretty clear of chemicals and they have an unscented line called Bare. I love the detangler (I use the neroli). It's expensive but a bottle lasts me for over a year.
    Last edited by lunasea; December 29th, 2015 at 09:45 AM.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas