Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: Bun hate on King of Queens

  1. #1
    Member LongHairLesbian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    298
    Length
    Chin/Hip+!/Class
    Type
    1b/F/ii

    Default Bun hate on King of Queens

    I already don't like King of Queens, but this episode really annoyed me. The main character acts so entitled and obnoxious about his wife's desire to wear her hair in a bun, as if she is required to look "sexy" for him all the time. He says that buns make a woman look like an uptight librarian, like an old woman, ugly and unfeminine. His wife couldn't look anything other than beautiful if she tried, and the bun looks very professional and comfortable to wear. Urg it's so irritating, even if you don't love it, it's her hair, and she's happy and comfortable with a bun. Do any of the folks here encounter attitudes like this, or have partners with similar opinions?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    42
    Length
    22/28/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    That video wasn't available in my country (the US), but here's a link that worked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGl2PDiqtZc.

    That bun looks great on her! And, I mean, I understand him having preferences, but he's so rude about expressing them!
    Microtrimming Every Month - Wearing hair up 6+ days a week - Aiming for hips!

  3. #3
    just here for the cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,861
    Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    Quote Originally Posted by LongHairLesbian View Post
    I already don't like King of Queens, but this episode really annoyed me. The main character acts so entitled and obnoxious about his wife's desire to wear her hair in a bun, as if she is required to look "sexy" for him all the time. He says that buns make a woman look like an uptight librarian, like an old woman, ugly and unfeminine. His wife couldn't look anything other than beautiful if she tried, and the bun looks very professional and comfortable to wear. Urg it's so irritating, even if you don't love it, it's her hair, and she's happy and comfortable with a bun. Do any of the folks here encounter attitudes like this, or have partners with similar opinions?

    Intervention thread!
    With one religion, we cannot listen. With one color, we cannot see.
    With one culture, we cannot feel. Without you we can't even remember.


  4. #4
    Member Puffer Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Under a Blanket
    Age
    26
    Posts
    529
    Length
    5/6.5/TBD
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    I used to watch that show sometimes since it was on when I got home from high school; it seems to be one of those shows where the following seems to occasionally be the plot: "women doing things that aren't exclusively for men's enjoyment? hilarious!!"
    [/mini-rant]
    Pixie to Ears to Chin to Shoulders to APL to BSL (to Waist?)
    Current challenge(s): Get to Waist!
    Last trim/cut: February 2018

  5. #5
    Member Stiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    30
    Posts
    495
    Length
    -/BCL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    Keep in mind that this is a very stupid show, with very stupid characters. Especially Doug is supposed to be an idiot, right?

    I didn't watch the whole ting. Way too annoying!

  6. #6
    Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A quiet place
    Posts
    15,648
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    I get those kind of remarks from my sister.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

  7. #7
    Member Stiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    30
    Posts
    495
    Length
    -/BCL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I get those kind of remarks from my sister.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    34
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    I hated that show. Bun looks great on her. And funnily enough my SO prefers buns over wearing my hair down, though he never makes a point of it. ^^

    Sarah, have you ever told your sister that her comments make you feel bad?

  9. #9
    Member Madora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern California - SF Bay Area
    Age
    73
    Posts
    8,282
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiria View Post
    Keep in mind that this is a very stupid show, with very stupid characters. Especially Doug is supposed to be an idiot, right?

    I didn't watch the whole ting. Way too annoying!
    An excellent critique, Stiria! Why waste electricity on something as insipid as that?!

    As far as buns in general...yes, they do have a dowdy reputation to fight. Buns are associated with frustrated, uptight, mean ole librarians..or old school marms. Stereotyped, that's what they are. No one realizes that buns can look spectacular if done right. Look at Torrin Paige's Hawser bun! So many bun choices...but people are fixated on scraped back. mean old lady bun. They need their horizons expanded!

  10. #10
    Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A quiet place
    Posts
    15,648
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

    Default Re: Bun hate on King of Queens

    Quote Originally Posted by prankdemon View Post
    I hated that show. Bun looks great on her. And funnily enough my SO prefers buns over wearing my hair down, though he never makes a point of it. ^^

    Sarah, have you ever told your sister that her comments make you feel bad?
    Yes. She is convinced that she knows best what looks good on me.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •