Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hairfinity or Biotin

Default Re: Hairfinity or Biotin

Alright, thanks guys - I suppose I won't be buying biotin or Hairfinity because tbh I'm scared to now.

I've heard somewhere that taking fish oil can help hair strength/elasticity though, would this cause any acne or biotin-like symptoms?

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

CurlyGrace welcome to TLHC. I couldn't grow my hair just past midback for years. Soneone told me about Mane & Tail Original horse shampoo. That it helps grow hair. I added two capfuls of olive oil to the shampoo. My hair grew fourteen inches to waist. It took about ten months 2009 to march 2010. I think the olive oil might have helped growth. It grew to three inches above tailbone. After I started wearing it up. It helps to wear it up. It doesn't work for everybody. But it's worth a try. You can get it at Wall Mart in the pet section. And some grocery stores. Post & let me know if it helped.

Length
    23.5/25/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I take GNC's Ultra Nourish Hair which contains biotin, MSM and an amino acid complex. I also take a multivitamin and silica. My hair grows fast and healthy and unlike a lot of people who seem to break out on biotin, my skin is glowing on these three things. (And I'm very acne prone! I've been acne free now though for a couple of years following Acne.org's regimen!) I'm not one who's afraid of supplements though as I've grown up with a father that highly encourages taking quality, natural health supplements and have seen the good they've done for the health of my parents and other family members.
    Last edited by pearlsandpinups; December 9th, 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

You know what will make your hair amazing? Adequate water intake, a whole foods diet, and exercise. (It'll also make you feel amazing on the inside!) seriously. Nothing beats hydration & real food & sweating a little bit on a regular basis. Biotin seemed to make my hair grow a tad faster MAYBE, but when I was running three times a week it grew like a weed. Now that I'm consistently doing yoga and drinking more water, I notice my hair growing faster and it looks fuller too.

Biotin has really helped me out. I have had none of the side effects mentioned and it has definitely helped my hair growth. I did loose some hair a while ago when on medication though, so maybe my body needed more biotin to function better. My hair is all growing back in, and is doing great!

Length
    20"/29.5/???
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Please be careful with supplements that contain lots of stuff, in particular look at their % values for vitamin A and D. You Do NOT want to get too much of those.

Also Manetabolism contains shark cartilage which...is pretty upsetting.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I always refer "future" biotin takers to this blog post:
    http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.be/p/...otin-rant.html
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pearlsandpinups View Post
    I take GNC's Ultra Nourish Hair which contains biotin, MSM and an amino acid complex. I also take a multivitamin and silica. My hair grows fast and healthy and unlike a lot of people who seem to break out on biotin, my skin is glowing on these three things. (And I'm very acne prone! I've been acne free now though for a couple of years following Acne.org's regimen!) I'm not one who's afraid of supplements though as I've grown up with a father that highly encourages taking quality, natural health supplements and have seen the good they've done for the health of my parents and other family members.
    I also take GNC's Ultra Nourish Hair. I haven't had any issues with it so far and I've been on it about 2 months now. I take this with a regular multivitamin, calcium plus D and flax seed oil (to help keep my cholesterol down).

Length
    23.5/25/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by texangrrl View Post
    I also take GNC's Ultra Nourish Hair. I haven't had any issues with it so far and I've been on it about 2 months now. I take this with a regular multivitamin, calcium plus D and flax seed oil (to help keep my cholesterol down).
    Sounds like you and me have a similar supplement routine. I'm glad to hear yours seems to be doing good for you!

Length
    chin/APL/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Okay. My results on Hairfinity after finishing the first bottle:
    My hair grew 3/4 inch in 3 weeks.
    My metabolism has improved. I eat much more but don't gain weight. I think it's because the MSM contained in it speeds up your metabolism.
    I got some pimples but it's worth it and it's not much more then I had before. I'm acne prone.
    My hair is shiny and looks very healthy. I have no splits and my last trim was 6 months ago.
    My hair feels thicker in the roots. When I touch my head it feels like touching a poodle (I have quite straight hair with some waves here and there). It's not only hair on a scalp but my hand sinks in... don't know how to describe it... it's like a pillow when I lay my hand on the top of my head...
    My conclusion: It's good stuff for me. And much cheaper than a good multivitamin from a pharmacy plus the added supps like MSM (MSM is very expensive here...).
    Do I recommend trying this? Yes. Why not. I'm happy with it.