Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hairfinity or Biotin

Default Hairfinity or Biotin

Lately I've been looking into ways to help promote faster hair growth, and I've been seeing lots of success stories with Biotin and Hairfinity (mostly Hairfinity, though) on YouTube. Is either one of them better in the long run for the overall condition of my hair, or are they basically the same? If anyone has taken either one of these, then what would you have to say about it?

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hairfinity or Biotin

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyGrace View Post
    Lately I've been looking into ways to help promote faster hair growth, and I've been seeing lots of success stories with Biotin and Hairfinity (mostly Hairfinity, though) on YouTube. Is either one of them better in the long run for the overall condition of my hair, or are they basically the same? If anyone has taken either one of these, then what would you have to say about it?
    I am not sure about the two you mentioned but I have had good results from Silica Complex from healthfood stores, it is all natural and has definately made a difference.
    CL~NL~SL~CBL~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~BCL​~ .................................................. ....................

I took biotin for 3 months, and my hair didn't really see much of a difference, I'm a super slow grower In general. But since my hormones are a very delicate balance, for the entire 3 months that I took them I only had one period, that might sound okay and good to some people, but ya see I get pain when I ovulate and the pain of ovulation lasted alot longer and hurt alot more, it was also accomponied by 2 days of really dark bleeding. I was also only taking 2500 of biotin. Just a warning be careful when u take more than your daily 100% of biotin.

Length
    CBL/33.5"/34"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

I tried to take biotin but only lasted a week, I started breaking out horribly
    *Last box dye - 12/2013 * Last highlights - 05/2014 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*

Length
    Shorn/Shoul/hip
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/ii/iii

I also tried to supplement with biotin and broke out, so I stopped. I bought bamboo tea which has a high percentage of silica, but I don't like the taste and haven't been Consistent. I bought Manetabolism and am waiting for them to arrive. I'm super excited to start taking them because the before and after I've seen of people who take them have been phenomenal.

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

One of my friends gave me a bottle of Hairfinity. It gave me a BLINDING headache, so I quit taking it.
    pixie to waist 10/13...chopped to chin 01/14...reached waist 09/17...chopped to APL 04/18...

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Consider this. Supplementing in general and biotin in particular is not a good idea. The reported side effects from biotin include cystic (scarring) acne, headaches and kidney failure. And that's just LHC users...

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes, just taking a multivitamin should cover all your needs. There really is no reason to start supplementing. Your hair won't magically grow more. In short, it's not worth it and is usually just money thrown away.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12/22/34
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

My wellness dr. Suggested biotin and super b complex to combat the acne biotin can cause. I have been on both for a year. My hair does seem to grow faster as well as my nails.

Length
    1.5/33"/TERM!
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I found a very low dose source for Biotin. It's a probiotic with B vitamins and the biotin is 100% RDA. I take one a day but skip a day now and then.

I can't tell if it has helped my hair though because I do so much for my hair I can't tell what is working and what isn't. But probiotics I need to take anyway.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights