Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1064

Thread: Newbie questions thread. Feel free to add your own.

Length
    0"/25.5"/35"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Newbie questions thread. Feel free to add your own.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Just apply the oil to a sweaty head! And then wash it all out! Extra coating!
    Okay, that's kind of what I figured. Thanks so much!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Alright, so I have another question. This one's a bit gross.

I'm planning to oil tonight but I just came back from a bike ride that resulted in a really really sweaty head. My thought is... head sweat has a lot of sebum (right?) and sebum is great for your hair.

So, basically I'm curious if my conditioning treatment would be more effective if I washed my hair before or not. I personally feel like I should just leave my natural sebum in while I do my normal treatment and that washing it out prior would just sort of defeat the purpose.
    Sweat is not sebum so it should make no difference anyway
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Half-inching onwards to Calf.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

O.K so I don't know of this one has been asked, for those of you who wear your hair up in a protective style everyday, does your neck get cold? . I wear my hair up a lot in the summer because it's so hot and I sweat but in the winter less so.

​Growing until I turn 50...........

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Nah, my neck doesn't get cold unless I'm outside during winter And when I do get cold when inside, it's easier to wear scarves and/or shirt with high collar when my hair is up and out of the way.

Now you are at the crossroads of your life and all your roads lead to strange places

🦉

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    O.K so I don't know of this one has been asked, for those of you who wear your hair up in a protective style everyday, does your neck get cold? . I wear my hair up a lot in the summer because it's so hot and I sweat but in the winter less so.
    Yes. Particularly the part of my neck behind and just below my ears. I never realized how much I usually kept that area covered when it was cooler and my hair was down. I wear a neckwarmer in the winter, or turtleneck shirts, or decorative scarves that also have some warmth to them, but it's not quite the same. It's worth it to me so I put up with it.

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Not generally, but if I'm outside during the winter I can easily wear a scarf.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Yes!! My neck becomes very cold! And my ears. I started wearing more scarfs, turtle necks, and beanies now that I'm wearing more protective hairstyles.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yes but I've always worn my hair up so I guess I naturally compensated with my clothing choices. Rollneck tops, cardigans with collars on, and then gilets/body warmers that zip right up to over my chin, [warm] scarves, and of course coats with collars that do right up. (Usually every single one of those if I go out in winter, plus a couple of thermal layers - I wear 6 or 7 layers to leave the house in an average winter, 8+ if it's colder than usual!) I dress according to the weather mostly, not according to which season it's supposed to be, so my thicker cardigans with collars I'll wear all year round on chillier days, and I'll happily wear a rollneck top in, say, June if it's still a bit cold.
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Half-inching onwards to Calf.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    WL/TBL/class
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Initially when I started wearing my hair up often, it was fall/winter and I really started noticing that my ears felt cold which had never been an issue before, although I think I eventually got used to it. I don't remember noticing my neck feeling cold as much, maybe because usually I'd be wearing a coat or jacket outdoors which provides some insulation for the neck.

Length
    WL/TBL/class
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

This is mostly an out of curiosity question. What happens if you use curly hair shampoo on straight hair?

I've been contemplating switching up the shampoo I use and wondered what might happen if I tried using curly hair shampoo. Of course I don't expect that it would make my hair turn curly, but might there be any noticeable impact of some kind?