Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250
Results 2,491 to 2,498 of 2498

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

  1. #2491
    Member slythwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    40
    Posts
    648
    Length
    24/24.25/38
    Type
    1b/F/iii

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    Just done this for the first time in probably close to 10 years, I think my hair needed it - my ends were feeling a little crispy. It's such an effective recipe and so easy, I just went and bought some aloe and threw it together.
    APL/BSL/Waist/Hip/Tailbone

  2. #2492

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    I don’t often use honey in the SMT, but I decided to the other day and my hair felt wonderful afterwards! At first I thought it felt oily, but it turned out my hair was just taking longer than usual to dry.

    Just so I remember how I did it: I heated the honey in the microwave and then added the aloe and conditioner. I used a heat cap and it was probably on for about an hour by the time I got a chance to wash it off again. I used a tiny bit of leave in afterwards but no oil.

  3. #2493
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    3
    Length
    27/17/47
    Type
    2a/F/i

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    I'm trying this recipe, I'll let ya know.

  4. #2494
    I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bayou City (AKA: Floodtown)
    Posts
    2,742
    Length
    16"/31"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    Anyone have any good aloe vera gel recs?
    I always used Fruit of the Earth aloe gel, with Suave Wild Cherry Blossom conditioner, but the last few times I've tried to do the mixture with aloe, I get these weird white flakes.
    It's super weird, I've never had this problem before until relatively recently.

  5. #2495
    Member SandyBottom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    488
    Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I don’t often use honey in the SMT, but I decided to the other day and my hair felt wonderful afterwards! At first I thought it felt oily, but it turned out my hair was just taking longer than usual to dry.

    Just so I remember how I did it: I heated the honey in the microwave and then added the aloe and conditioner. I used a heat cap and it was probably on for about an hour by the time I got a chance to wash it off again. I used a tiny bit of leave in afterwards but no oil.
    I don't like using honey in my hair because I don't want to risk any lightening (I have dark hair). Does heating it prevent that from happening or do you heat it to make it easier to mix?
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

  6. #2496
    Member shelomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,209
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    I don't like using honey in my hair because I don't want to risk any lightening (I have dark hair). Does heating it prevent that from happening or do you heat it to make it easier to mix?
    My understanding is that heating the honey is supposed to rid it of its lightening properties, yes. However, I've never noticed any lightening from using honey in my hair, whether or not I heated it first.

  7. #2497
    Member SandyBottom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    488
    Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    My understanding is that heating the honey is supposed to rid it of its lightening properties, yes. However, I've never noticed any lightening from using honey in my hair, whether or not I heated it first.
    Oh, good to know. Thank you! I just prefer to keep my natural color. Hmm...I wonder if I could substitute molasses? Off to find the nearest rabbit hole!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

  8. #2498

    Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

    I just did this again yesterday. I hadn't for a while just out of laziness but it never ceases to make my hair feel so silky

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •