Page 241 of 252 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    24''/36''/40''
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

I honestly skip the aloe (my hair doesn't like it), and definitely, double boiler. I make a really simple one with a big bowl of hot water and a small ramekin inside. It works great.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

After rereading this thread, I realize that I use far less honey and aloe than the recipe calls for. I usually do about 1-1.5 cups of conditioner, a squirt of aloe (less than 1/2 tsp and about a tbsp Of honey. I actually don't even measure it. :Lol: Am I the only one?

Length
    NL/31/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Trying this for the very first time tonight! I've had it on for 30 min now, going to go for at least an hour. Even better...it's Full Moon in Sagitarius and there's a Lunar Eclipse today!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Friday I had a haircut and asked the stylist to use her most powerful clarifying shampoo to help remove some semi dye that will not budge. The result was super dry hair.

I did SMT last night with a couple of modifications

Here is a B/A:

Last edited by jane_marie; June 7th, 2020 at 01:06 PM. Reason: super not supper haha

That’s quite a difference jane_marie! A good advert for the SMT. Your waves look lovely.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    That’s quite a difference jane_marie! A good advert for the SMT. Your waves look lovely.
    Thanks! I thought the stylist did a great job on my cut but she also made my waves look like someone chemically relaxed my hair! She ended up blow drying it on cool while brushing it straight. I let her because it was my first time having her cut my hair and I wanted to see how she did... but it certainly solidified that it;s the wrong way to go about things for my hair type.

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Thanks! I thought the stylist did a great job on my cut but she also made my waves look like someone chemically relaxed my hair! She ended up blow drying it on cool while brushing it straight. I let her because it was my first time having her cut my hair and I wanted to see how she did... but it certainly solidified that it;s the wrong way to go about things for my hair type.
    Yes that seems to be a common problem! Either waves are blow dried straight, or artificially put back in with tongs. I’m sure there are stylists who don’t do that, but it’s certainly prevalent.

ETA: your haircut looks great

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Has anyone ever mixed up enough for a few treatments? Does the base recipe, condish, aloe, honey, hold a couple days?
    I’m using it on all my hair soon, but I’d like to have some for ends conditioning for the following few dilute washes (alternating days...lots of sweating here.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

^ Must say, that I am not sure. But if the aloe gel has preservatives, I guess it would not go bad. Honey is antibacterial and conditioner has preservatives as well. Could hold for a while.

I almost forgot about SMT's! I just revisited this site and remembered that I used it before many years ago. I am tempted to buy some aloe gel and give it a go

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    ^ Must say, that I am not sure. But if the aloe gel has preservatives, I guess it would not go bad. Honey is antibacterial and conditioner has preservatives as well. Could hold for a while.

I almost forgot about SMT's! I just revisited this site and remembered that I used it before many years ago. I am tempted to buy some aloe gel and give it a go
    Refrigerator it is, then.
    I’ve been getting ok results with aloe and conditioner only. Mixed room temp, on the spot.
    But I’m in a low humidity environment.