Page 234 of 252 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Oh. My. Goodness.

These are the results I've been looking for. I did my first ever SMT today and I'm an official convert. I used my Elvive Dream Lengths conditioning mask, clear aloe Vera gel and swapped out the honey with maple syrup (partly out of convenience as I already had some in the cupboard).

My hair feels so beautiful I could weep with joy! And so shiny! Plus it smells yummy.

Question: has anyone had any luck with adding essential oils to the mix? Did it make any difference? I've got some rosemary, chamomile and cedar wood oils on their way to me and I'd wondered if those could be added.

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I just ordered a VO5 conditioner (no cones) to try this method!
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB* Classic* Thigh*!!

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Serious question though, does this lighten the hair? You know, because of the honey. I don't want lighter hair tbh. Thank you!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia_A00 View Post
    Serious question though, does this lighten the hair? You know, because of the honey. I don't want lighter hair tbh. Thank you!
    No, if you heat the honey to get rid of the peroxide for ten seconds first. Don't let it boil though, you want to keep the good stuff.
    I think, even if you didn't heat it, it is such a small quantity, that you would probably need to do it every day, in order to have some lightning effect. I do it once every two months or so...

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    No, if you heat the honey to get rid of the peroxide for ten seconds first. Don't let it boil though, you want to keep the good stuff.
    I think, even if you didn't heat it, it is such a small quantity, that you would probably need to do it every day, in order to have some lightning effect. I do it once every two months or so...
    Oh, makes sense! Thank you

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Can this be warmed in a little crock pot like henna?

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxen View Post
    Ursula’s Mega-Moisturizing Oil-SMT-Aloe Wash

The summer AC has been very drying on my hair. This routine for washing has worked very well in getting my hair through it. I suggested it to Snowy, and it seems to do her good, as well, although she's using jojoba instead of coconut oil, and plain SKR instead of SMT. I'll sometimes do the plain SKR, as well. It depends on my mood.

First, at night, I oil my hair heavily. Coconut oil, and lots of it. I add more and more, as much as my hair will take. Then I braid in two braids, and apply castor oil to the braids’ tassels.

Sleep well.

In the morning, I mix up a batch of Snowy’s Deep Moisture treatment, using VO5 Sunkissed Raspberry or Tangerine Tickle. Wet down hair with water in the shower, and massage the SMT through the hair. Wrap in a bun, cover with a plastic bag and towel. Let the mess soak for 30 minutes to an hour.

Rinse well. I rinse in the shower, combing as I go. I part my hair, and comb and rinse each half for about a minute each, followed by about a minute of rinsing and massaging my scalp.

Finally, I blot my hair with a microfiber towel. Then I take 1 to 2 tablespoons of aloe gel, and apply to each half of my hair, combing it through.

Sometimes, I will oil and braid in the morning, and finish the wash routine at night. Oiled braids look sleek for daytime wear. I’ll then flip my hair, loose, up over my pillow to air dry at night. When I wake in the morning, amazing curly waves.
    Anyone used this lately?

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SwanFeathers View Post
    Can this be warmed in a little crock pot like henna?
    I can’t think if any reasons not to.

Long ago I stopped adding honey to my mix, as the cheap stuff is not always actually honey, and it added an extra step of heating the honey so it would mix in well. Still loving my condish and aloe DT!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    CL/HL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SwanFeathers View Post
    Anyone used this lately?
    I do! First I use castor oil on my scalp and then apply whatever oil I have in my bathroom in the rest of my hair. I let it sit overnight. Then I wet my hair, shampoo my scalp and then I apply SMT through my oiled hair and let it sit for about 15-30 min and I rinse it out. I prefer shampooing my hair before doing SMT because I use a really coney serum. It works perfectly everytime I wash. I want to see if I can use SMT as a commercial hair mask (for 3 minutes), I know leaving it for longer will give me the full benefits but sometimes I have to wash my hair really quickly
    Last edited by hollygolightly; April 4th, 2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: needed to add something

CL (15'') 2016 / HL (32") / TBL (36'')

Length
    24''/36''/40''
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I need some help troubleshooting...

I used SMT a little over a week ago, kept it in for about an hour-and-a-half, then washed it out. I had little white flecks after rinsing, but they disappeared once my hair dried, so that's not too much of an issue - probably just some junk in the aloe I used. More of an issue is the fact that it actually took three showers to get the last of the treatment out of my hair. And even more of an issue is that I noticed almost no change in the moisture of my hair (ends specifically), even after this treatment and bunning my hair wet to get the most moisture possible. It's still dry, coarse, tangly, and with no stretch to it at all (though split ends are minimal).

Is this something I have to repeat a lot before I get some improvement? If so, any tips on how to rinse out more successfully? I'm a little hesitant to try this again if I can't get all of it out of my hair first time around.

And for some background info, my ends do have a little chlorine damage from too much swimming last year, though I don't swim anymore. Every time I wash, I condition the length before I shampoo the scalp, and I use argan oil on the ends regularly (though I haven't actually noticed it doing anything good - I just use it because apparently I'm supposed to and I don't think it does any harm). Thanks for any help!