Page 192 of 252 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    14/14/...?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

I just used this last night, and my hair is amazingly soft! I actually sorta used Ursula’s Mega-Moisturizing Oil-SMT-Aloe Wash, my only complaint is that I didn't make enough of the SMT in the first batch and had to stop and make more. It's been at least 2 years since the last time I tried it so I had forgotten how great it is. I'll have to remember to repeat sooner this time
    Grew to knee and chopped to a pixie June 2020
    Started growing again May 2021

Length
    Chin/tbl/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I tried this for the first time today. My hair has been tangling a lot lately and I hoped that this might help. Afterwards my hair was easy to comb through but right now it feels like the treatment was too heavy. My hair feels coated and kinds of damp even though it is (or should be) dry. My hair is also split into these little strands, like I had just combed it with a fine tooth comb.

I think that I'll need to find something lighter for the future.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mammasaurusrex View Post
    Im going to do this later today for the first time. Im excited! Im going to use Aussie 3MM since thats what Ive got laying around. Do any of you use shampoo before you do this? Or is this in place of the shampoo?
    I always shampoo first and don't put this treatment near my scalp (because my scalp is sensitive to conditioner).

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Ruu View Post
    I tried this for the first time today. My hair has been tangling a lot lately and I hoped that this might help. Afterwards my hair was easy to comb through but right now it feels like the treatment was too heavy. My hair feels coated and kinds of damp even though it is (or should be) dry. My hair is also split into these little strands, like I had just combed it with a fine tooth comb.

Maybe it's too heavy for you, or maybe you could work for you better applied before shampooing, as a pre-poo? Or you could experiment with using less honey or using a lighter conditioner, for example? It's a pretty intense moisturizing treatment, I find.

Type
    1b/F/i

My hair does this if I don't get it all out.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    Chin/tbl/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thanks for the suggestions, meteor and lunasea! I tried to rinse it out very well, but it is possible that there is something left. The pre-poo treatment sounds good. Maybe I could do that while in sauna? I wonder if the heat would affect it somehow.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thanks for the suggestions, meteor and lunasea! I tried to rinse it out very well, but it is possible that there is something left. The pre-poo treatment sounds good. Maybe I could do that while in sauna? I wonder if the heat would affect it somehow.
    I often do my deep treatments as pre-poo, simply because it's easier for me not having to hop into the shower twice.

I think sauna would only be beneficial, deep treatments are often recommended to be used in warmth, be it a hooded drier, under showercap and beanie or towel turban, in steamy bathroom... so I bet sauna is perfect for this; just cover your hair with something so the heat isn't drying the SMT or harming your hair (depending how hot you like your sauna experiences, ). SMT might start to drip more in the heat, but shower hats and covering your hair should help with it. Honey and aloe at least are great for skin too, so shouldn't be a problem if they melt.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

^ I agree. I think especially steaming and wet saunas can make the treatment more effective, because it's rich in humectants (honey and aloe and probably some humectants in conditioner), which will help draw moisture and hold onto moisture from the air. If the sauna is dry, definitely cover the hair with a shower cap or two and towel to prevent drying out.
    Applying heat to SMT made my hair feel noticeably softer but, I must admit, it was easier to end up with greasier hair, as well.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Finnish saunas, especially the electric ones (versus wood burning types) tend to be rather dry.

Type
    1b/F/i

I always do SMT pre-poo, sorry I didn't mention that. I like the idea of a sauna with it. I usually warm it in the microwave for a bit and slap a shower cap on my head to keep it warm for as long as possible so I'm all for keeping it warm.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas