Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea Rinses: The Good, The Bad, The Useless

Length
    35/36/42
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Tea Rinses: The Good, The Bad, The Useless

I've been thinking of trying a chamomile tea rinse for a while but I'm worried it might dry out my hair, since it's so dry on its own.. anyone know if that's a possibility?

Length
    30/33/long
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I've always used black tea for a tea rinse, but for some reason it seems to cause buildup on me. I'm now thinking about trying chamomile the next time I wash my hair, so I will let you know how it goes then. ��

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I'm going to do another herbal tea and one green tea rinse tonight. I'm hopeful! It went really well last time and made my hair feel amazing. So I'm excited for tonight's wash.

Length
    Pixie/APL/Term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

This thread inspired me to experiment. I've done an infusion of rosemary and horsetail (both fresh, from the garden) along with a little vinegar a couple of times now. It seems to really help my hair shine and refreshes my scalp between shampoos. So far I'm liking it. I want to try green tea and peppermint next!

Catnip teas have worked well for me. I boil water, put a sprig of catnip in, then let it steep until it's cool enough to apply to my hair. I'm experimenting with using it as a spray.

I'm curious about the red color from hibiscus tea - it's not permanent, right?

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Hey um... any tips on how to avoid just drinking these concoctions before I can pour the brew through my hair?

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedFire View Post
    Hey um... any tips on how to avoid just drinking these concoctions before I can pour the brew through my hair?
    Hah! Make two cups: one for your hair and one for your belly!
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    25/30/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I’ve done a catnip tea soak twice so far. I quite like it although I haven’t noticed a *dramatic* difference. When I wash it out my hair is always very soft and slick, though. And anything that supposedly reduces split ends I will continue to use, haha.

Length
    Bob/MBL/WL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I like both chamomile with honey as a pre-poo treatment and chilled rosemary as a final rinse. I'd like to try hibiscus! Sounds divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Fish View Post
    And I'm interested for people that use rosemary for scalp - how do you do it? I have rosemary in my mum's garden all year long (and as ecological as it can be) so I can get some whenever I go there, but dunno what to do with it? Boil it and let cool? How much rosemary in how much water?

I've got rosemary in the garden, I just cut a good handful and strip the leaves off the stalk. I simmer them in about a litre of water for 20-30 minutes and leave it in a bottle in the fridge to cool (because I use it as a final rinse). You don't have to be super specific with your quantities though you might want a stronger concentration for your scalp or even rosemary essential oil diluted in a carrier oil if it's just for a scalp application.

Length
    Waist/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I am curious about tea rinses and have a few questions.

Do you just pour the tea over your scalp/hair at the end of a wash and leave it in? Or do you rinse it out?

If you do both tea and ACV rinses, would you do them in any particular order or just add the ACV to the tea? (provided you aren't going to rinse out the tea)

Does it risk staining? And if it does, how easily do tea stains wash out?