Thread: Tea Rinses: The Good, The Bad, The Useless

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: Tea Rinses: The Good, The Bad, The Useless

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Fish View Post
    I tried:
    catnip - nothing for me, dunno if the one I used wasn't good (I got it from a petshop) or it just doesn't work for me.
    chamomile - softness to hair (but I'm kinda lazy to do it all the time as my hair is soft and slippery on her own so )

Would like to (but as already mentioned, I'm lazy) hibiscus. And I'm interested for people that use rosemary for scalp - how do you do it? I have rosemary in my mum's garden all year long (and as ecological as it can be) so I can get some whenever I go there, but dunno what to do with it? Boil it and let cool? How much rosemary in how much water? As my scalp is as happy as it can be atm, I really don't like using stuff on it, but wanted to try this for a while. I would use it every now and then.
    You can just steep it like a tea. The more you put in the most concentrated the tea gets. I'd suggest starting with less just to see how your hair and scalp reacts. How much liquid do you use for your previous rinses? That's the volume of water I'd go for. As you'd be using fresh, I'd say fill 1/3 of the container you will steep it in, or just cover the bottom.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

I cut about 2-3 7" sprigs and put them in about 5 cups of water.
    I add other herbs as well. Bring the water to a boil and then simmer it for about 20-30 min.
    Strain and store in the fridge. Remember to take it out of the fridge a couple hours before your shower
    as fridge-cold tea on the head is quite shocking! Or you can re-heat it if you're in a hurry.

Length
    10/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I need a garden.. This sounds so nice to do.
    Might have to check the stores some time for the dried stuff.
    Any suggestions what to look out for?
    I guess the cleanest stuff possible, with regards to pesticides and stuff.

Length
    21/24/32
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I see you live in the Netherlands too! I totally recommend buying your herbs from Pit-Pit (its an online health store), their products have great quality

Length
    10/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Thanks Kayleigh, I will check it out.
    And yep, another dutchie got lost on this forum.

Thanks for the tips Next time I go there, I'll give it try (I'll try to force myself of not being lazy ) And I'll update. I will probably use it only on scalp, not on length.

Agressively friendly. MadPirateBippy's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I like green tea as a scalp rinse, makes my scalp feel lovely. Fairly neutral on it's use in my hair, but it's supposed to increase tensile strength over time, so I'll leave it in as long as it does not get crunchy or weird.

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

I haven't tried green tea, thanks for the suggestion.

I have to say that nothing smells better than teas! My bathroom smells SOOOO GOOOD after I shower from the tea smell.
    Today I made one with chamomile, hibiscus, lavender, rosemary, basil and nettle. It smells so nice! Heaven!

Length
    13/22/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I generally love herbal rinses! Since I don't use commercial products, it's really fun to mess around with rinses for both their cleansing and conditioning properties. Currently, I'm on a hibiscus and horsetail kick which makes my hair shiny :-)

I haven't had much luck though with rinses containing caffeine. They just dry the heck out of my ends. Though I do think caffeine helps me shed less so I just apply coffee or black tea to my roots as a pre shampoo treatment.

Length
    shldr/tbl?/ftl?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Hmm, interesting thread. I like experimenting with teas but my herbal options are fairly limited where I live. I liked chamomile, especially with lavender. Still haven't tried green tea yet. I bought some parsley the other day and am hoping it turns out well. I suppose I just chop it up and pour hot water over it and let it steep?
    Last edited by AmberJewel; November 24th, 2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Lady Ambrella of the Jewel-Strewn Beaches in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights