Page 345 of 347 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347 LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3464

Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

I've just deep conditioned using Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. I let it sit in my hair for 5 minutes. Then, I rinsed it all out. I did not have to use any heat on my hair. Because, it's not damaged or dry. It came out very nice and soft! I'm looking forward to doing another deep conditioning treatment like this again next week!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've just deep conditioned my hair using Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. I just let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, I rinsed it all out. I'm looking forward to doing this type of deep treatment again next week!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

I used Giovanni 50:50 shampoo and out some babassu oil and conditioner under a heat cap for 20 minutes or so. I used leave in conditioner and a drop of camellia oil after and my hair feels lovely.

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've just done a well overdue hot oil treatment using Alberto VO5 Shower Works, and my hair feels a lot better than before! I'm looking forward to doing this type of treatment again next week! Or, within 2 weeks from now! Then, I followed up with a shampooing and conditioning using also Alberto VO5 Volumizing Shampoo and Conditoner.

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Yesterday, I used up the last of some almond oil by adding a fair amount to my lengths and misting with water, then brushed to distribute evenly and put it up in a bun. I left it like that all day yesterday. Today I worked in a bit of moisturizing conditioner along with the oil already in there, wet it down and put back in a bun before heading to the beach where I wore a head covering and let the heat of the sun be my hot oil treatment. I went swimming without the covering but still bunned and scalp shampooed/conditioned the length when I got home. My hair feels so soft right now and it's not even completely dry yet!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    17"/19"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I'm new to deep conditioning on a regular basis. Actually, I've done it only once lol, but I jotted the next one on my calendar. Glad to have come across this thread. 🙂

I've tried deep conditioning on and off over the years and just didn't get the hype, my hair never looked any different or got healthier. The ones that come to mind that I have tried are OGX and Garnier Fructis. Since my hair is looking uncontrollable these days in spite of my efforts, I decided to try again, this time with Shea Moisture Deep Conditioning Masque. NOOOOW WE'RE TALKIN'!! 😮😮😮😮❤️❤️❤️ Their instructions suggest using it for 5 minutes, or for 30 minutes. I tried the five it didn't do anything, so I left it on for 40.

For my hair, I had to use quite a bit of it for a single treatment, so I anticipate going through it pretty fast so it's a little more on the expensive side for my taste for repeated purchases, but until I can get my hair healthier I will definitely continue to use this. I just love it!

Primary damage culprit has been coloring, although with a fairly gentle product... but I use it a lot. I'm trying to stretch out the distance now between touch-ups.
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Length
    17"/19"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Deep conditioned today! Trying to make it more of a regular habit this year but I don’t like taking long showers or sitting around with wet hair.
    I'm the same which is probably why I have always fallen off the wagon. However, I finally found a DC that works so yesterday I did my shower as usual, and after I was done and dried off, I added more water to the hair, then added the dc, put on a plastic cap with a lightweight towel over that (to retain some warmth) and watched YouTube for half an hour lol.

I think this will work for me in the long term.

PS - I do my showers late in the day, so this works for me. Might not work for people who do them in the morning. If you do, perhaps you could try thoroughly wetting the hair later in the day and then sit around or do something else while it's up in the plastic cap (?)
    Last edited by intothemist1999; July 1st, 2022 at 02:55 PM. Reason: to add a PS
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by intothemist1999 View Post
    I'm new to deep conditioning on a regular basis. Actually, I've done it only once lol, but I jotted the next one on my calendar. Glad to have come across this thread. ��

I've tried deep conditioning on and off over the years and just didn't get the hype, my hair never looked any different or got healthier. The ones that come to mind that I have tried are OGX and Garnier Fructis. Since my hair is looking uncontrollable these days in spite of my efforts, I decided to try again, this time with Shea Moisture Deep Conditioning Masque. NOOOOW WE'RE TALKIN'!! ��������❤️❤️❤️ Their instructions suggest using it for 5 minutes, or for 30 minutes. I tried the five it didn't do anything, so I left it on for 40.

For my hair, I had to use quite a bit of it for a single treatment, so I anticipate going through it pretty fast so it's a little more on the expensive side for my taste for repeated purchases, but until I can get my hair healthier I will definitely continue to use this. I just love it!

Primary damage culprit has been coloring, although with a fairly gentle product... but I use it a lot. I'm trying to stretch out the distance now between touch-ups.
    I'm getting so these days I don't need to deep condition as often as I used to. I used to deep condition twice a week. But I feel that since my hair isn't damaged I don't need to deep condition as often. The main reason why I was doing it was for moisture/protein balance. One week I would use a moisturizing deep conditoner, and the next week I would use a light protein deep conditioner. But I was using these deep conditioners for hair growth or to speed up my hair growth, and with me using them I have learned or have come to realize that they are really not speeding up my hair growth. But they do really help with keeping my hair nice and healthy! And, that's definitely the key to faster hair growth.

I can say the best heavy and thick moisturizing deep conditioner I've used ever since my childhood is Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream and the other one is the ORS Replenishing Conditioner. That's the one that is moisture/protein balance. The reason why I use these deep conditioners is because my hair is both relaxed and color-treated but I do spread out both my relaxing and coloring treatments to either once or twice a year, and I've been doing that for the last 3 years and I haven't had any damaged hairs or no issues with breakage, and i have a girlfriend that used to have ankle length hair that was both relaxed and color-treated! And, it was very healthy-looking every week when I would see her!

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've just deep conditioned my hair using Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. It is a well overdue deep conditioning treatment. I always look forward to using this wonderful product! i've been using it for many years now. I'm looking forward to doing another deep conditioning treatment with it again next week!

Length
    8/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Currently sitting with Rosemary & 15 Herb oil on scalp (Innate brand) and light spread of argan oil on my lengths. Itís almost time to wash as Iíve been in it overnight. I used a corded heat-cap for 30 minutes before bed to help soak in all the goodness. I do oil treatment 1-2x a week and Iím about a month into being consistent with it.