Page 320 of 354 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3533

Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    Castor oil mixed with sweet almond oil, CWC (more like CWCWC) and some combing! Very shiny and soft

Sorry I don't know how to rotate the photo
    WOW your hair loved that, it's looking great!

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    WOW your hair loved that, it's looking great!
    Thank you!!! Yes it did it is so SOFT
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaena View Post
    My favourite deep conditioner so far is Kérastase Discipline Maskeratine Smooth-In-Motion Masque. Makes my hair soft like silk. I find it even more impressive because my hair is extremely dry and damaged, so it takes magic to bring my hair to a softer state. I also like Redken All Soft Heavy Cream. I always shampoo first, then saturate my hair with the deep conditioner and leave it in for around 10-15 minutes. I always rinse with cold water and air dry. I do not use a towel or anything when air drying, in order to avoid messing up the cuticles.

I am very careful with protein treatments, because my hair is sensitive and easily gets protein overload.
    I bet that deep conditioner does make your hair soft like silk. I always love a good deep conditioner that leaves my hair feeling soft like silk too. Yeah, that's the thing when you have dry/damaged bleach hair. I remember when I used to bleach my hair back from the early 2000s up to late 2008. I also love Redken All Soft Products too. I've never tried the Heavy Cream. Yes, I also always shampoo first, and hen saturate my hair with the deep conditioner too and leave it in for around 10-15 minutes. Or, however long you want to leave it in for. Ooh, I really wish that I can stand to rinse my hair is cold water but I try to do my best in not rinsing it in hot or too warm water. I always rinse mine in luke warm water. Or, the coolest water that I can stand. I can't stand to take cold showers! I also let my hair air dry too up to 100%, and then I do blow dry but for only 5 minutes.

Yes, I also also very careful to not use too much protein too. Because, I have heard that a lot of people's hair is protein sensitive. They are always afraid of getting a protein overload. I am too. So, that's why I only do light protein treatments. Like, using the ORS Replenishing Conditioner. Or, HAIR Protein Pac. But I don't think my hair can handle strong protein treatments. Like, Alphagee Step 2 Treatment. Because, it's too heavy of protein, and I really don't like how you have to sit under hooded dryer to do it. So, I just use the ORS Replenishing Conditioner one day, and on another day or so I'll follow up with another deep moisturizing treatment.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Castor oil mixed with sweet almond oil, CWC (more like CWCWC) and some combing! Very shiny and soft

Wow! Your hair looks really gorgeous, soft, and shiny! You did a really good job with the castor oil! I've always heard that castor oil is good for the hair, and it's also good for hair growth!

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Your hair is beautiful! So healthy and silky!!

I did an SMT today. I could tell my hair was starting to get a bit dry and was needing a clarifying and some extra moisture. I replaced the honey with Glycerin because I was curious to see how that would work. I think it worked as well as the honey. I can't really tell a difference. I think next time I will use honey and add a little bit of Glycerin. I always love how soft my hair is after a deep treatment.
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have a question more than anything... My hair is in pretty good condition with CWC and oiling the ends nightly, but I have this fear of my ends going thin and scraggily (has happened to me before). Can I over do it with deep conditioning?

I also love doing stuff to my hair which doesn't help the fact that I'm trying to stop playing with it etc.
    If you clarify at least once a month, you should be A-OK!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

When my scalp gets sore and itchy I know it's time to clarify, that always fixes the issue for me

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I did a hot oil treatment with Castor coconut and Argan oil with peppermint and lemongrass essential oils, afterwards I clarified to get the oil out a miniscule amount so I'd still have some oil, I then put olaplex 3 in for 10 minutes and washed out with some caffeine shampoo, conditioned it twice with Joico K,-pack and used Oblepikha Siberica mask (it stinks so bad and felt like I was putting vitamin C clay in my hair) I kept it in for 20 minutes then washed it out and air dried.

My hair hates it or my ends do. It feels stiff and gross
    Last edited by Bat; January 25th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I've just deep conditioned my hair using Mane N Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner. I let it sit in my hair for 1-2 minutes. Then, I rinsed it all out. It really feels amazingly soft! I'm looking forward to doing this type of deep moisturizing treatment again within the next day or 2!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I've just deep conditioned my hair using Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Mask, and I let it sit in my hair for 10 minutes. Then, I rinsed it all out. This was an overdue treatment. I'm looking forward to doing this type of treatment within the next day or so!