Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3234

Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    All the reviews on Matcha Boost are stellar, and it isn’t expensive imo, so I say try it! My hair is nowhere near curly and after a year of Covid hibernation I don’t even have any sun damage, plus no chemical damage as well. It’s not surprising that a protein treatment didn’t do much for me lol, but I wanted to try it and there was a sale. I do use two other Ecoslay products regularly and love them.
    That sounds promising, I think I will try it out! I've heard other good things of the brand as well so worth a shot. My hair is chemically damaged and although it's not that bad I definitely want to mix some protein treatments into my routine to help it along as I grow out the damage
    Next goal: 34" - Hip

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    ooo thank you! I don't have oily hair so it shouldn't be an issue. If I hadn't just washed my hair I would be very tempted to do another deep condition today >
    ooo you're welcome! Oh, ok that's a good thing you don't have oily hair. So, you're right it won't be an issue for you then. Hehe, I bet it you hadn't just washed your hair you would be very tempted to do another deep condition today > I am always tempted to do more deep conditioning but then I come to my senses and say, "I don't want to over-deep condition or over-moisturize my hair." Because, that can be an issue as well. So, that's why I stick to deep conditioning only twice a week, and follow up with a hair mask. That's also deep conditioning too.

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

After I Color corrected my hair again to fix up patchy sections I used olaplex no.3.

I then clarified with Joico k-pak
    then shampooed and conditioned with Waterman's, I then conditioned 2 more times with Joico K Pak conditioner.

Afterwards, I deep conditioned with Loreal extraordinary oil Mask for very damaged hair and cling wrapped my head for 20 minutes, I dried it off after using no cut creme. And lastly rubbed some Waterman's hair growth serum on my scalp.

So much work lol! I'll try not to wash my hair for another 3-4 days to give it a rest.

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Put my Papaya Hair Food Deep Conditioner all over my dry hair yesterday and braided it. Still in the same braids today, and will leave them in until I wash on the weekend. My hair smells so good I can't stop sniffing it
    Next goal: 34" - Hip

Length
    22/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Trying my hand at castor oil today! Mix of 25% castor 75% sweet almond oil massaged into my roots and swept over my ends, wish me luck!
    CL ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic
    No trim & no bleach from 11/10/2020

Length
    22/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    ooo you're welcome! Oh, ok that's a good thing you don't have oily hair. So, you're right it won't be an issue for you then. Hehe, I bet it you hadn't just washed your hair you would be very tempted to do another deep condition today > I am always tempted to do more deep conditioning but then I come to my senses and say, "I don't want to over-deep condition or over-moisturize my hair." Because, that can be an issue as well. So, that's why I stick to deep conditioning only twice a week, and follow up with a hair mask. That's also deep conditioning too.
    Ooo good point! I think I would like to do it twice a week too!

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Ooo good point! I think I would like to do it twice a week too!
    You're welcome! Yeah, I've read somewhere on another long hair care forum which is at: www.longhaircarefurums.com
    Someone said that how they take care of their hair and how it grows so long and healthy is that she co-washes 5 times a week, and she deep conditions twice a week, and I've been following that method off and on for 5 years now!

My favourite deep conditioner so far is Kérastase Discipline Maskeratine Smooth-In-Motion Masque. Makes my hair soft like silk. I find it even more impressive because my hair is extremely dry and damaged, so it takes magic to bring my hair to a softer state. I also like Redken All Soft Heavy Cream. I always shampoo first, then saturate my hair with the deep conditioner and leave it in for around 10-15 minutes. I always rinse with cold water and air dry. I do not use a towel or anything when air drying, in order to avoid messing up the cuticles.

I am very careful with protein treatments, because my hair is sensitive and easily gets protein overload.

Length
    22/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Castor oil mixed with sweet almond oil, CWC (more like CWCWC) and some combing! Very shiny and soft

Sorry I don't know how to rotate the photo

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Trying my hand at castor oil today! Mix of 25% castor 75% sweet almond oil massaged into my roots and swept over my ends, wish me luck!
    Castor oil mixed with sweet almond oil, CWC (more like CWCWC) and some combing! Very shiny and soft

Sorry I don't know how to rotate the photo
    Great combo, it looks amazing 👏
    ---
    Practicing some benign neglect "for the next week" then will do a scalp exfoliation followed by SMT for a few hours
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 21st, 2021 at 05:11 PM.