Page 269 of 275 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2744

Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Hope its ok to ask here. My hair is very healthy and strong but forever dry-ish looking. Im not really impressed with the results of the masks I have at home so far, thus Im thinking in investing in more quality products. Anyone here tried Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator? Is it worth it? Ive only tried the blue mask but it was too heavy and meh.

Length
    SL/WL+/Term
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Yes, I've tried Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator many years ago, and it still works very well for me! I think it's worth it. I've never tried the blue mask. The only kind of mask I've tried was Pantene Pro-V Intense Moisturizing Masque, and Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Food Mask.

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Yes, I've tried Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator many years ago, and it still works very well for me! I think it's worth it. I've never tried the blue mask. The only kind of mask I've tried was Pantene Pro-V Intense Moisturizing Masque, and Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Food Mask.
    What were the results in your hair? Im really tempted because I want amazing hair, especially when growing it out long! The drugstore range around here has been all meh for me so far, sadly

Length
    HL/HL/TB-CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Hope it’s ok to ask here. My hair is very healthy and strong but forever dry-ish looking. I’m not really impressed with the results of the masks I have at home so far, thus I’m thinking in investing in more quality products. Anyone here tried Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator? Is it worth it? I’ve only tried the blue mask but it was too heavy and meh.
    I don't know if it's the same thing but I've tried the Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe Mask, and I hate it. The only way I can somewhat use it up is as my second conditioner. As a mask, it's useless for me, it feels like I didn't even use anything.

I've found that price definitely doesn't equal results for me. My favourite masks are all rather cheap (Garnier Fructis Hair Foods and the ball-shaped ones).
    snjallr mar hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann vi vg varask;
    en elli gefr hnum engi fri, tt hnum geirar gefi.

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Did my weekly DT yesterday.

I mixed a little coconut milk, 2 spoons coconut oil and 2 spoons pantene conditioner. (I ran out of conditioner and that was the only brand at the shop)
    I let the treatment soak on my hair for 1hr then washed it out.
    I mixed a little castor and olive oil to the same conditioner squished it into my hair with some water and left it as a leave-in.

My hair is happy.
    I'm happy with the results. My hair was feeling very dehydrated after returning from a weekend in the berg.

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I don't know if it's the same thing but I've tried the Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe Mask, and I hate it. The only way I can somewhat use it up is as my second conditioner. As a mask, it's useless for me, it feels like I didn't even use anything.

I've found that price definitely doesn't equal results for me. My favourite masks are all rather cheap (Garnier Fructis Hair Foods and the ball-shaped ones).
    Im afraid Ill hate it too because the blue one (also very hyped) was awful for my hair and not worth the price. I have tried Loreal, Macadamia, Bedhead, Wella, Goldwell, Kerastase, Living Proof, etc, and it was all... meh. Im reading many posts through the sub and most people (with great hair!) seem to see no difference between drugstore/highend and silicone/nosilicone. I dont know what else to expect as of results; maybe my hair simply is meh au naturel and thats the way it is, or Im not caring for it right.

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I’m afraid I’ll hate it too because the blue one (also very hyped) was awful for my hair and not worth the price. I have tried L’oreal, Macadamia, Bedhead, Wella, Goldwell, Kerastase, Living Proof, etc, and it was all... meh. I’m reading many posts through the sub and most people (with great hair!) seem to see no difference between drugstore/highend and silicone/nosilicone. I don’t know what else to expect as of results; maybe my hair simply is meh au naturel and that’s the way it is, or I’m not caring for it right.
    I’ve also used all natural, shampoo bars, acv rinse, Devacurl, Shea Moisture, etc... The difference is only drier or frizzier hair as a result. Only saw improvement when I cut off heat, chemical procedures and started a better dandruff shampoo. So I’m probably a lost case, I guess ☹️

Length
    HL/HL/TB-CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I’m afraid I’ll hate it too because the blue one (also very hyped) was awful for my hair and not worth the price. I have tried L’oreal, Macadamia, Bedhead, Wella, Goldwell, Kerastase, Living Proof, etc, and it was all... meh. I’m reading many posts through the sub and most people (with great hair!) seem to see no difference between drugstore/highend and silicone/nosilicone. I don’t know what else to expect as of results; maybe my hair simply is meh au naturel and that’s the way it is, or I’m not caring for it right.
    Have you just left the masks in for a while like a regular conditioner, or have you tried applying heat as well and/or leaving them in for a longer time under a shower cap? If your hair is low porosity, you might need to utilise heat to get moisture in there.

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Have you just left the masks in for a while like a regular conditioner, or have you tried applying heat as well and/or leaving them in for a longer time under a shower cap? If your hair is low porosity, you might need to utilise heat to get moisture in there.
    I have done it both ways and dont really see a big difference, but my hair condition has improved a lot with CWC. Have never tried it with heat, but now I might! I dont think my hair is low porosity because chemical treatments such as dying/straightening sticks to it like a glue, even for years, unless I cut it off. But very moisturising/protein products dont work on me either as they either make my hair dry and heavy or sticky and wet forever.

Length
    HL/HL/TB-CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I have done it both ways and don’t really see a big difference, but my hair condition has improved a lot with CWC. Have never tried it with heat, but now I might! I don’t think my hair is low porosity because chemical treatments such as dying/straightening sticks to it like a glue, even for years, unless I cut it off. But very moisturising/protein products don’t work on me either as they either make my hair dry and heavy or sticky and wet forever.
    Dye would indeed stick to low porosity hair like glue as long as it gets in there in the first place, which it would, thanks to the peroxide opening the cuticle. Then it returns somewhere near its original position, which would still be quite low porosity, keeping the molecules in better than if the hair's cuticles were wide open.