Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Counter-current swimmer school of fish's Avatar
    Length
    HL/TBL+/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDagger View Post
    You're gonna smell yummy! I love maple syrup. So dam pricey though..dont forget the honey next time! Do you use billy bee or unpasteurized?
    I do indeed smell delicious! And the maple syrup worked just fine, same as the honey. It is more expensive but I'm really not using very much, maybe 2 tsp tops and it's only once a week, so I don't feel too bad about using it for hair. If I just back off a teeny bit on the amount I eat with my morning yogourt then it evens out

Usually I just use whatever honey I have on hand, so sometimes some exquisite organic honey and sometimes Billy Bee - just so long as it's runny and not creamy. I notice exactly zero difference in the effect between honeys and between honey and maple syrup - really it's the humectant action I'm after, and the way I understand it you get that action with any of the sugary syrups

Length
    SL/BSL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Excellent..good to know school of ish thnx! maybe Ill try molasses one time too but I imagine it would be stickier though..maybe molasses honey mix. That should be delicous
    Just about BSL when curly -microtrimming as I go/grow

Counter-current swimmer school of fish's Avatar
    Length
    HL/TBL+/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDagger View Post
    Excellent..good to know school of ish thnx! maybe Ill try molasses one time too but I imagine it would be stickier though..maybe molasses honey mix. That should be delicous
    I haven't reasearched in depth but I do know there are molasses threads here - and yes molasses does seem to fall under the humectant category although it is a stickier substance so may need different application... not sure, like I said I haven't investigated this one. I'm sure a targeted search would turn up a bunch of people's methods and results

And now I've just given you more LHC homework, haven't I...? You're welcome, haha!

Length
    SL/BSL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

^ lol ..yes homework or some recipe searching ..ginger snaps maybe
    Just about BSL when curly -microtrimming as I go/grow

Length
    0 in/2 in/36 in
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Hey everyone! I decided to join in here to be accountable. I do my fermented rice water rinses on Saturdays, I set it out over night Friday night so that it is ready for Saturday morning. I do my coconut oil hair masks every Thursday. Those are my 'deep conditioning' treatments. What do you guys think? Should I change it up? They are both quick, simple and inexpensive which is why I chose them.

buzz ear neckshoulder APLBSL MBLTBL

Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mammasaurusrex View Post
    Hey everyone! I decided to join in here to be accountable. I do my fermented rice water rinses on Saturdays, I set it out over night Friday night so that it is ready for Saturday morning. I do my coconut oil hair masks every Thursday. Those are my 'deep conditioning' treatments. What do you guys think? Should I change it up? They are both quick, simple and inexpensive which is why I chose them.
    If they work amazingly well for you, I don't see why you should change things up. If they work 'good enough' or 'okay', you can try other oils and masks like SMT. But that's my opinion

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mammasaurusrex View Post
    I'm curious about this fermented rice water. I've heard of using rice water to cleanse hair, is it like that? If a once a week coconut oiling and the rice water work for you then no you don't have to change anything. If you feel like you need something else or just want to play around with a few different DT ideas then go for it. Personally I find it quite fun and a nice way to focus on yourself.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Ok so I have not oiled or done anything "nice" for my hair for two days. Yesterday I just collapsed when I got home not even thinkin about my hairs.
    I like light daily oilings or at least my MnT Olive Oil conditioning cream. I feel like it helps to keep my wiry grays (the few that there are) under control.

Soooo tonight its something on my hair ... not sure what yet but I must.
    Aspiring Henna head Began journey: 3/9/2015 to grow out gray Cut to pixie: 3/9/2015 Current length: BSL 4/2018 Current color: (yes started coloring again 2/2018 Herbatint 7N Goal length: Tailbone

Dinglehopper Wielder ArienEllariel's Avatar
    Length
    17.5"/bsl/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Biweekly Coconut oiling before a wash. I'm trying more regular conditioning treatments to see if it helps my ends not feel so dry. Switching between CO and CWC with the first part being a heavier coconut oiling.

~Ceasg~

Length
    Pixie/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Well I ended up being off today so I out my dt on while I'm cleaning and various other chores. Glad I didn't have to wait till sunday, and now it's out of the way until next week also, my husband finally called me a crazy person for putting oil on my hair. I've been waiting for him to say something for months haha
    Pixie~CL~SL~APL~BSL~WL~HL~TBL
    No Trim Challenge '18 Monthly Length Photo challenge '18
    Goals: BSL by 31 Dec 2018 (made it!), Hip by 3 Jan 2020, WL braid