Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217
Results 2,161 to 2,168 of 2168

Thread: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Hi Neoma, thank you for the information. That henna is a mysterious leaf indeed. Almost like it was made for hair. Super interesting. I want to do so many strand tests. Have you found that hibiscus makes the color more red in regular indoor lighting? Like with my current shade, it looks coppery dark blonde in some lights inside, light brown/dark blonde in some lights, light auburn in more indirect outdoor light (it’s cloudy here most of the winter), and bright golden copper in direct sun. I’m happy with it but do want to pull out a tad more red, especially indoors, without going too dark or *too* red. I’m thinking next batch I might play with adding a tablespoons of hibiscus powder to the mix. Freeze, thaw, strand test. Wait 3 days. And see
    You're welcome, Jane99.

My hair looks decidedly more red in indoor light.

You may want to look for Nightshade's posts on LHC. She is the henna queen and has done tons of strand tests.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alibran View Post
    Thank you both. These were taken by a friend, in full sun, now the henna's had time to fully oxidise. I think my phone was a bit generous with the red!

My theory that a two step process might work is actually based on your theory. Like hibiscus, indigo (as far as I can gather from my own reading) doesn't impart permanent colour, on hair, on its own. It gives a temporary 'blue rinse' on light coloured hair, but it washes out. I've come across claims (with photos) that hibiscus temporarily stains light coloured hair lilac/purple. If no-one else has tried it, I'm happy to be a guinea pig, in any case. Even if it only tones the orange down a tiny bit, that's a tiny bit that I've achieved without another curl-loosening henna treatment. And if it doesn't affect the colour at all, my hair will have had another conditioning treatment, and it won't complain about that.
    Gorgeous colour & curls.

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Looks beautiful Alibran!

I'm not sure if this is asked earlier, but if I mix Rajasthani henna with hibiscus powder, do I preserve the warm red color or does the red get a cold undertone? I recently hennaed my hair with pure Rajasthani henna and I'm pleased with the deep warm coppery red color, but I also want to utilize my sachets of hibiscus powder. My original hair color is warm bronze/brassy brown.

Length
    Buzz/CBL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Jumping on the henna + hibiscus bandwagon here, and I would deeply appreciate any help:

I've been doing henna & cassia mixes for almost a year. I've done several full treatments of 35/65 henna/cassia, except my last one was 40/60, which I did yesterday.

I've been trying to pull more red without going too dark. My natural color is a tawny dark blond/light brown, and my coloring doesn't agree with dark hair. But I really want RED hair. The henna+cassia mix is awesome because it's not too dark and usually oxidizes into a totally natural shade. BUT because I've been trying to make my hair red (and it just seems to stay light copper brown in the most generous light), I've been doing multiple full head applications, and now it's looking too dark for my face, and too orange. My skin gets along well with red and pink tones, but pretty badly with oranges and yellows.

Sadly, I've only just now learned about using hibiscus with henna to push cooler red tones into the hair. Do you guys think this would work with a light henna/cassia blend?

Also I'll take any advice I can get about how to recover from this too-dark orange. If it doesn't improve with more oxidation, I'm considering bleach and/or ColorOops, maybe a few hot oil treatments. If I can get a good foundation, I plan to try another henna and cassia treatment with hibiscus.

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Is anyone still using their Burgundy mixes with good results? I know this thread hasn't been active for awhile.

I am trying out a mix I found in Nightshade's book for Burgundy/Brown, it has a lot of indigo in it and I am wondering if I should worry about my length getting super dark over time? I used to use indigo/henna for brown and it eventually turned black. I have grown that out a bit so the burgundy will fade into the black ends.

I'm not sure how to post pictures yet, but will try to upload some before and Afters this weekend.

My mix this time is
    100gms (50/50 of Morocco and Rajasthani)
    1/4c hibiscus
    Mixed with strong Hibiscus/Rooibos Tea

And 50gms Indigo

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I left my mixture on for 4hrs.

It is a pretty, warm brown inside and in shade, but flairs burgundy/brown in the sun. I actually really like it. It looks natural in most lights but does have that warm burgundy undertone. So it is fun, yet could still pass as a natural color.

Not sure how to post pics so here is my Instagram post about it 🤣

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChLIFwup...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I think my hair, at least in indirect light, could safely be called "cherry cola." That's just from a zillion layered applications of regular henna, though, rather than any particular blend of colorants.

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Ok, now that everything has oxidized attempting to post my pics.

I am thinking of adding beetroot powder next time, I have seen that all over Pinterest, but nobody has posted their results 🤷

https://flic.kr/p/2nFkz7k

https://flic.kr/p/2nFfu62

https://flic.kr/p/2nFkxrE