Page 736 of 788 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 7880

Thread: What's your latest hair purchase?

Length
    SL/BL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: What's your latest hair purchase?

I took advantage of some cyber sales to round out my hair accessories. Last buy was 2 Ficcare headbands and before that 4 metal barrettes off Amazon. I really need more and am planning for Christmas now.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedera View Post
    *pricks up ears*
    Is Sedr different from Cassia?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    That's what I wondered too, Hedera...

The short version is that the differences between henna, sedr, and cassia are:

Sedr- The leaves of this plant have a permeable waxy coating to help retain moisture. It is the fatty acids and secondary alcohols of this epicuticular wax that gives Sedr its conditioning and cleansing benefits. As such, it will wear off over time and needs to be refreshed every 4-8 weeks.

Senna / Cassia– The conditioning properties and golden color come from Chrysophanic acid. The tannins and chrysophanic acid in senna also have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Needs to be refreshed every 4-8 weeks.

Henna– There are two steps in the conditioning properties of henna. The first is the lawsone molecule, which binds to the keratin in hair and permanently makes makes hair red-orange, stronger and thicker. Also a desert plant, henna leaves a permeable coating on hair similar to that of Sedr’s. This coating fills in rough spots on the cuticle and helps reduce damage from outside sources such as combing and styling. This permeable coating, however, fades after 4-8 weeks.

But for the long breakdown I'm going to point you to an article I wrote about it :)

Length
    &&/APL/Tail
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    The short version is that the differences between henna, sedr, and cassia are:

Sedr- The leaves of this plant have a permeable waxy coating to help retain moisture. It is the fatty acids and secondary alcohols of this epicuticular wax that gives Sedr its conditioning and cleansing benefits. As such, it will wear off over time and needs to be refreshed every 4-8 weeks.

Senna / Cassia– The conditioning properties and golden color come from Chrysophanic acid. The tannins and chrysophanic acid in senna also have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Needs to be refreshed every 4-8 weeks.

Henna– There are two steps in the conditioning properties of henna. The first is the lawsone molecule, which binds to the keratin in hair and permanently makes makes hair red-orange, stronger and thicker. Also a desert plant, henna leaves a permeable coating on hair similar to that of Sedr’s. This coating fills in rough spots on the cuticle and helps reduce damage from outside sources such as combing and styling. This permeable coating, however, fades after 4-8 weeks.

But for the long breakdown I'm going to point you to an article I wrote about it :)

Oooh, brilliant, thank you!!

After 7,5 years of silvering dreadlocks, back to loose, fine, straightish hair.
    Fresh Hennahead and loving the red!

V05 Detox with Micellar Water shampoo and their avocado conditioner

Length
    SL/BSL/Class
    Type
    1b/M/iii

More conditioner

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Rough day, and so I splurged on a pretty Nike and Puma hat They just seemed so pretty and well-made! Will be using them just like my other (now beat up and old) hats for outdoor workouts, sun and wind protection. Will especially come in handy now that it's winter!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I bought a bottle of CHI Fusion Complex Heat Protectant Serum and a can of CHI Heat Guard Heat Protectant Spray.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    SL/Knee+/Calf
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It's been a while since I made any hair related purchases, so I had a little splurge - some new super sharp hairdressing scissors for my trims, some silk mini scrunchies from LoveSilk, a jade comb / gua shua for my scalp massages and a leave in conditioner/ detangler

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I bought a few random hair gels, Giovanni LA hard hold being one that I'm impressed with so far. I've given up my no buy, but I'll use the money saving thread starting the new year to really crack down. I think I have at least 10 hair gels. And one head of hair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

I bought six silk scrunchies.