Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: How have you fallen in love with long hair ? (your first "long hair crush", etc.)

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How have you fell in love with long hair ? (your first "long hair crush", etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by turtlelover View Post
    One of my biggest hair crushes was one of my teachers that I had for 3 years in elementary school. She had thick, gorgeous, shiny dark brown hair past her waist that she would wear in braids a lot. One time she threatened to cut her hair, and I remember being sooooo upset because I loved her hair so much! There was also a youth pastor's wife when I was a little bit older, but still in elementary school with amazing tailbone length hair. I used to like to sit with her in church and play with her long hair, and I thought that it reminded me of a chocolate waterfall! I remember being really sad when she finally cut a lot of it off. *sigh*

Oh, I also loved Nicolette Larson's hair when I was little! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXfROqR_p1A
    I also had an elementary teacher with hip length dirty blonde hair, and it was pin-straight. I really admired her hair. I don't know what it looks like today. I haven't seen her since 7th grade.

Length
    ch/sh/wl
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: How have you fallen in love with long hair ? (your first "long hair crush", etc.)

I guess it wasn't more of a real person whose hair I had a crush on, but a fictional person from a book I read who had hip length blonde hair. Actually, all the ladies from the book series had long hair, sooooo I think that makes me weird that I had hair crushes on fictional people. Although, I have seen some beautiful hair on ladies on Pinterest and in real life, so that also contributed to my wanting long hair.

Length
    17/32/38
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: How have you fallen in love with long hair ? (your first "long hair crush", etc.)

I think I first really fell for long hair watching The Last Unicorn when I was little. It has always been my favorite movie. I loved the way Lady Amalthea's hair draped her body, almost like an elegant cape, and the way it moved in the animation. Japanese animation always captures stuff like that so beautifully!

There was also a girl in my class in grade school who had long, thick, gorgeous hair that was a really pretty honey blonde. She always had the nicest clothes, and her mom always did her hair very neatly in all kinds of clever styles. I think her hair was waist length, probably 1b or 1c, and very glossy. We became close friends, but I always felt very inadequate around her. She has always been one of the prettiest people I've ever met, and I wished I had hair like hers. I stayed at her house a lot and would sometimes go to church with her and her family. Her mom curled her and her sister's hair for church. She tried to curl mine, and at that age, my hair wouldn't hold a curl for very long. It would just fall flat after a few minutes, and they made fun of me for it.

My hair has never been longer than mid-back length (when I was 9), because I didn't like my hair until recently. When I was a kid, it was pale blonde, very very straight and fine, but a lot of it, and as I got older, it kept getting more frizzy. I didn't understand how to style it, so I just kept cutting it to my shoulders or above. Growing it to my hips will be a first for me!
    "Of itself, her hair escaped the blue ribbon and came hurrying down her neck and over her shoulders."
    SL ---> ​WL
    ---> ​HL

Length
    ChL/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I thought about this earlier today. All though her hair isn't extremely long, it's longer than mine has ever been. For many years, I've wanted to have hair like Kate Middleton (or are you supposed to write Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, maybe?

Her longer hair days are definitely my hair inspiration. Her hair looks so elegant, thick and lovely. I think in a couple of years, I could have that kind of hair. Would help a lot with a personal hair stylist as well, of course.
    CHL SL APL BSL WL

Length
    Buzz/Ear/Hip?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

My mom has always loved long hair, so she got with my dad who is a longhair. And then she encouraged me to grow mine as a kid.
    I have to admit, I was a sucker for Rapunzel, too.

Not exactly my First hair crush but I remember vividly this girl who went to my highschool who had knee-length hair and wore it basically down
    (in a style I call a "mermaid tail", a ponytail secured toward the ends of the hair.) and that was around the time I joined TLHC. So running into her was always a treat...
    She was a grade or two higher than me so we didn't have any classes together, but we both took Japanese so sometimes she'd still be talking to Sensei after lunch when we came in!
    Buzzed ~ Pixie ~ Mid-ear Bob ~ (Bottom-of-ear!) ~ (Mouth!) ~ Chin ~ SL ~ APL ~ MBL? ~ WL?? ~ Hip???
    Mouth length by March 2020!? (Actually, maybe sooner than that!)

No Trim 2020 || Collarbone by January 2021

Length
    0"/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I think I feel in love with hair in 1989 when I went to the theatre with my mom and saw this...

We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    ChL/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    My mom has always loved long hair, so she got with my dad who is a longhair. And then she encouraged me to grow mine as a kid.
    I have to admit, I was a sucker for Rapunzel, too.

Not exactly my First hair crush but I remember vividly this girl who went to my highschool who had knee-length hair and wore it basically down
    (in a style I call a "mermaid tail", a ponytail secured toward the ends of the hair.) and that was around the time I joined TLHC. So running into her was always a treat...
    She was a grade or two higher than me so we didn't have any classes together, but we both took Japanese so sometimes she'd still be talking to Sensei after lunch when we came in!
    I remember we had ONE girl with long hair at my school. It was knee length, if I remember correctly. She had naturally platinum blonde hair, and it was very thin. People used to joke that the last half a meter was see-through.. That's when I cut my hair into a bob. I didn't want that long hair..
    CHL SL APL BSL WL

Length
    CBL/FTL+/CL+
    Type
    1c/M/ii

My original answer stands. Additionally, I find it interesting that so many of you were into long hair in childhood. It wasn't really on my radar until college. Maybe because I didn't think it was realistic for me until I hit waist ish.
    {free of stress about length gains}
    46.25" of hair (12/7/19)
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

In Jr High School. One of the girls in my class was a ballerina and had tailbone length lovely shiny bright red hair. It would flow and swirl when she danced. I often drooled over her hair.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

How?Via a book of world fairytales I was given for my 7th birthday. It had the story of Rapunzel of course, but also many other stories where a female character had long hair. I think from then on, I associated long hair with mystery and intrigue. Soon after, I developed a crush on the most popular girl in my class. She had long blonde hair just shy of classic length. We never spoke. She was always too busy with the cool children.