Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How have you fallen in love with long hair ? (your first "long hair crush", etc.)

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: How have you fell in love with long hair ? (your first "long hair crush", etc.)

I guess it's been in my blood, when I was very young, I used to feel my short fine locks and wonder where my long hair had gone. Mum used to say that it was fine and would not grow long. I couldn't understand this. Years later, I found a photo of my great grandmother with her hair in two thick braids coiled over her ears. That is when I understood, it was inherited. That is where my love of long hair came from. I used to look in awe at Crystal Gayle's hair, and whilst at nursery school, there was a young woman working there who had BSL blonde hair, it was shiny and soft looking. I would always sneak into her classroom just to get close to her so I could see her hair. It mesmerised me. I bumped into her years later and she still remembered me.
    Tailbone to Classic!
    Wear your hair up challenge
    Microtrimming and Maintaining

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How have you fell in love with long hair ? (your first "long hair crush", etc.)

I never had a long hair crush as such. I would say my love for the long hair comes from my grandmother even though her hair was short when she was stil alive. But she tried all the best to keep my hair long, washed it, combed and braided. I remember her telling me such things like " A hair is the girl's crown" " My hair was so long once that I could put it all the way around my head..". I think those moments affected me more than I would have ever guessed. She fight many battles with my mom to make sure my hair stayed long. Then later I "fight" my own battles. My hair has always been long (shortest at age of 5 when when my granny lost the battle and I got a pixie cut at a hairdresser).

Type
    2b/F/iii

Mine love towards long hair (and even more long braids! ) came from watching beautiful Indian hair photos. They're still most inspiring thing for me possible, mine baby fine strands seems to dream for impossible, but that put me into action so I believe it's good in some matter.Actually even before seeing all of them wanted to have longer (but not pure long) hair, just due slow growth and breakage wasn't able to reach them but it has changed within last year.I believe long hair adds some mystery and lots of femine look to women.

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Now that I think about it my first hair crushes aren't real people but I somewhat put that down to not really knowing anyone with long hair so it wasn't really anything I thought about or noticed on other people.

That changed when I saw The Little Mermaid when I was 11. Even then it wasn't necessarily the hair I fell in love with it was the fact that it was an integral part of the mermaid character. Red being my favourite colour also helped.

My next hair crush was Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, which was my favourite game at the time and is still one of my favourite games and franchises since. Again it was less to do with just loving her hair and more with wishing to emulate her in general (except for two *ahem* obvious ways.)

Maybe I associate long hair with freedom and adventure, who knows

TT & Ficcare collector Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

For me, it started when I realized that Tolkien's elves don't have short hair; it simply isn't done! I love elves and relate to them a lot, and I also have many elf dresses. Long hair just looks more elvish and beautiful in my opinion. Its also a sign of patience. My hair takes ALOT of and wears on my patience.

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    14/21/?
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I remember watching my great-grandmother un-braid her hair, brush it, and put it back in a braid. Her braid was past tbl. I thought she, and her braid, was so beautiful.

Length
    9/31/33
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I always had long hair when I was young but didn't really think anything of it, and in my freshman year of high school I got a Joan Jett haircut (sounds cool but I could NOT pull it off lol), and then kept cutting it shorter and shorter to a "Shaggy" and then a very poorly done pixie, then it grew to shoulder and I got a cute asymmetrical haircut. I became friends with a guy who became my first boyfriend recently and I remember one time about two or so years ago we were hanging out and he mentioned that he loved long hair and I had never actually thought about it before then. So I guess since he brought it up I sort of realized how neat long hair really is, and at the same time saw that short hair didn't fit my face very well, so I started trying to grow it. And I started noticing these two certain girls in school with extremely beautiful waist length hair, one blonde and one jet black. I would always stare at them just amazed at how cute they were, and I think that's also when I started realizing that I'm attracted to girls as well as men. So I got both a love of hair along with a newly bloomed sexuality yay for me! So now I'm still growing and growing and my boyfriend is supporting me and getting excited with me at all my milestones, it's been a really fun journey.

Sad Pixie//Chin//Shoulder//APL//BSL//MBL//Waist
    Ultimate goal: Waist and Henna Free!

Length
    35/f'tip/clssc
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Ludwig (with Romy reprising her role as Empress Elisabeth of Austria. There's a very beautiful long shot of her hair when she is the bedroom speaking to her sister. The camera lingers lovingly along the length. heavy sigh!)
    I just looked that movie up on YouTube and found that scene you mentioned, Madora. What an incredible mane! I'd love to know the actress's hair care routine.
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Classic.

Length
    APL/APL/WL +
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I've always loved long hair on others. The longest I let my hair grow was below bsl. I've had it like that curly & straight w/ perms.
    I've never had any hair crushes but always envied women w/ long curly hair b/c I never felt comfortable w/ my own.
    I am in the first chapter of my (hair) love story. I like the direction my story is going in & I refuse to put the book down!

Welcome to LHC, Mimha.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've always loved long hair, for as long as I can remember. When I was little, my mum was the one to wash my hair and look after it, and I had shoulder length until I was 7, always asking my mother to let my hair grow longer, but she would always say "when you grow older". At the age of 6-7, I got my first magazine, and saw a girl about 2 years older than me, who had waist-hip length (I can't remember the picture exactly), that was almost jet black, and straight. I felt in love with that picture, and obsessed over it for some time. My hair was shoulder length at that time, light blonde, and wavy, so it was the opposite to the hair I wanted to have

I have always been kind of obsessed about fantasy and medieval stuff, but one of my first hair crushes was Lana Headey's as Guinevere, in 1998 Merlin.
    I have had hundreds of long hair crushes, including LHC people

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic