Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Itchy scalp

Length
    24"/33"/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Itchy scalp

I was wondering if anyone had suggustion for icthy scalp treatments? This cold weather is not doing anything for my hiar except dry it out. I put jojoba and a few drops of lavender on scalp yesterday with hands, kind of like a massage. It helped for a little while, but now I am itching again and need to wash hair. Was wondering about mixing honey in with my conditioner and how much to mix. Any suggestion???
    On my way to hip length

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Have you tried diluting your shampoo at all? Dry itchy scalp needs a rest from harsh cleansers.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    24"/33"/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Yes I usually dilute shampoo but have not done it the last few washing. Maybe need to go back to that though. thanks

Length
    waist/BSL/class
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had suggustion for icthy scalp treatments? This cold weather is not doing anything for my hiar except dry it out. I put jojoba and a few drops of lavender on scalp yesterday with hands, kind of like a massage. It helped for a little while, but now I am itching again and need to wash hair. Was wondering about mixing honey in with my conditioner and how much to mix. Any suggestion???
    You may also want to supplement with essential fatty acids (either in your diet or in a pill) to help with an itchy scalp. My dandruff/itchy scalp issues is from a fatty acid imbalance in my body, and it is greatly helped by taking a flaxseed oil pill everyday.
    I have also had very good luck with mixing rose hip seed oil with coconut oil (double the coconut oil to the rosehip seed oil), and heavily oiling my entire scalp with the mixture the night before doing a CWC. You might want to cover your hair with a shower cap, or at least sleep with a towel over your pillow since is a little messy.
    Hope that Helps!
    1C/F/ii/iii 34"/36"?/Classic

Type
    2c/M/ii

I was having problems with a severely itchy scalp for a while.. no flaking, and it was too greasy rather than dry, but it just itched ALL the time. They thing that cured it was apple cidar vinegar rinses. I use about a TBSP in an 8 oz glass (2 or 3 glasses usually) every time I wash, after I rinse my conditioner out.. let it sit for a minute, than massage my scalp and rinse some more. My head does smell like vinegar afterwards, but I leave in conditioner and the scent from that masks it. My BF has never noticed me smelling like vinegar.

Length
    12/22.5/34
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/i/ii

ITA with taking a flaxseed supplement. I've started doing that also because of dry scalp. I've also stopped using shampoos and instead add baking soda to my conditioners for washes. This got rid of my flakes and makes my hair soft and shiny.

Length
    24"/33"/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ~*BeautyWitch*~ View Post
    ITA with taking a flaxseed supplement. I've started doing that also because of dry scalp. I've also stopped using shampoos and instead add baking soda to my conditioners for washes. This got rid of my flakes and makes my hair soft and shiny.
    just curious how much baking soda do yu add to conditioner?

Length
    16"/21"/Thigh
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I've been having this problem lately too, and I think it may be related to the use of my new boar bristle brush. It penetrates really well and "stimulates" my scalp, but I'm finding it a bit too irritating. Have you changed your combing/brushing practices or recently added scalp massage?

Length
    24"/33"/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I have bought a new brush that I only use once or twice a week. It is a lady cathrine hairbrush from Stanley.

Length
    12/22.5/34
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/i/ii

I use 1 tbsp. I mix it together in my hands and massage it into my scalp. It's a very gentle way to clarify too.
    Last edited by ~*BeautyWitch*~; March 10th, 2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typos