Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2470

Thread: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I removed my black to put in a semi black it's not looking good lol the black will be brown I have a fair bit of copper so that's fun
    . basically back where I started... Grim
    Don't give up Bat, wait the results!
    Looking at the bright side, if you want to switch to semi then this way the demarcation line between your roots and the ends will be softer.
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...

Length
    12/15.2/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    Don't give up Bat, wait the results!
    Looking at the bright side, if you want to switch to semi then this way the demarcation line between your roots and the ends will be softer.
    It was terrible I ended up having to get another semi permanent Black, the lunar tide black went red brown it was terrible.

I'm feeling pretty bummed, because I just can't leave it alone it's back to being fluffy, I almost feel like shaving it all off and starting over again I don't think I will. I'll just have to maintain and gradually cut it out

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Bat, what did you use to remove the black? Maybe you will have to add another color (miniscule amount) to counteract the underlying color of your hair the next time.

I had a friend who bleached his hair (but not enough) and put a baby blue on it--it turned green Afterwards, he figured out he should've added a wee bit of purple to counterbalance the yellow, because his hair wasn't toned enough to allow the blue to shine through
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    12/15.2/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Ann View Post
    Bat, what did you use to remove the black? Maybe you will have to add another color (miniscule amount) to counteract the underlying color of your hair the next time.

I had a friend who bleached his hair (but not enough) and put a baby blue on it--it turned green Afterwards, he figured out he should've added a wee bit of purple to counterbalance the yellow, because his hair wasn't toned enough to allow the blue to shine through
    A normal remover it even says it doesn't touch natural, just the dye molecules, so I'm pretty sure it was the last black I put in
    Oh well time to try grow dye out again.

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    A normal remover it even says it doesn't touch natural, just the dye molecules, so I'm pretty sure it was the last black I put in
    Oh well time to try grow dye out again.
    If you've used a permanent dye, it will have lifted some of your natural color, so depending on how dark your natural color is, you'll probably have some reddish tones.

A blue-black or purple-black semi might give you better results than a black-black. Or even just a dark purple or dark blue, if your hair is dark enough.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    12/15.2/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    If you've used a permanent dye, it will have lifted some of your natural color, so depending on how dark your natural color is, you'll probably have some reddish tones.

A blue-black or purple-black semi might give you better results than a black-black. Or even just a dark purple or dark blue, if your hair is dark enough.
    my hair went gold copper after I removed it, the black deposit did nothing just made it brown copper, but the black semi I put in after worked well, it was still a shame to lose the 4 month regrowth. But no matter it will grow again I just have to leave it alone

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Bat, was the original black a box dye? If so, the developer is probably the culprit here, because that (and any ammonia or other bleaching additive) would've lightened your hair while depositing the dye. If you used something like ColorOops to lift that dye, the resulting "color" would be the new level of your hair color minus the dye molecules. It sounds like your "new" hair color base is a Level 6, and there wasn't enough counterbalancing pigment in the semi-permanent dye you used to counterbalance your new color.

Have you heard of the hair color wheel? I use it to switch from one color to another so I don't have to bleach my hair any more than necessary, other than the roots. For the most part, I rarely use bleach (I do use a very weak "bleaching" solution of baking soda, 10v or 20v developer, purple shampoo and dishwashing liquid) to remove stubborn colors, and I change my hair color about every 4-6 weeks or so.

All things considered, it might not be as bad as you think it is, and you could've had a much worse result.

Length
    12/15.2/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Bat, was the original black a box dye? If so, the developer is probably the culprit here, because that (and any ammonia or other bleaching additive) would've lightened your hair while depositing the dye. If you used something like ColorOops to lift that dye, the resulting "color" would be the new level of your hair color minus the dye molecules. It sounds like your "new" hair color base is a Level 6, and there wasn't enough counterbalancing pigment in the semi-permanent dye you used to counterbalance your new color.

Have you heard of the hair color wheel? I use it to switch from one color to another so I don't have to bleach my hair any more than necessary, other than the roots. For the most part, I rarely use bleach (I do use a very weak "bleaching" solution of baking soda, 10v or 20v developer, purple shampoo and dishwashing liquid) to remove stubborn colors, and I change my hair color about every 4-6 weeks or so.

All things considered, it might not be as bad as you think it is, and you could've had a much worse result.
    Thanks for all of that, it is helpful if I so something else silly in the future, but at this stage I'm going to do my best to say no to dyes and grow natural (excluding side shave I'll still Color it terquiose)

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Bat, don't kick yourself too much. At this stage of the game, I would have a hard time putting down the dye--I, um, have, like, 20 bottles of the stuff, in just about any color you can think of

It IS addicting... Somewhere down the road, sometime in the future, I'm sure I'll stop, but I'll find it hard to do. Hang in there, my upside-down hanging friend!

Length
    12/15.2/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Bat, don't kick yourself too much. At this stage of the game, I would have a hard time putting down the dye--I, um, have, like, 20 bottles of the stuff, in just about any color you can think of

It IS addicting... Somewhere down the road, sometime in the future, I'm sure I'll stop, but I'll find it hard to do. Hang in there, my upside-down hanging friend!
    I have 3 at home and half a box left of semi permanent Black I'm having all sorts of ideas atm involving Color and shaving most of it off. other than giving myself a small amount of an undercut I'm not going to do anything more drastic, I'll let my mind do it's thing for the next few weeks or so.

sometimes though I really feel like giving up the idea of having super long hair, I'm too spontaneous