Page 2 of 288 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

just here for the cheese
    Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

Yes! Purple for me! Always MOAR PURPLE!

Your color is so vibrant! Are you lucky enough to be naturally blonde or did you use bleach? Ps, congrats on the little one pastina, you look fabulous!

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

yay for purple! this pink is actually faded FROM purple! i'm not naturally blonde-- i have light ashy brown hair, naturally. it took me a while, but i got my fairly light base last year by doing mild bleach baths spaced over a few months. ever since, i've just done the occasional root touch up-- also with bleach baths, never straight bleach, and never overlapping what's been previously lightened. and i do it very infrequently. maybe too infrequently, lol.

and thank you! i'm not sure about "fabulous", though-- i'm still having issues pinning down where my waist is! lol

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Wow, that is quite the colour! Especially the face shot really shows how well that shade suits you. Welcome aboard!
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.

Length
    SL/30"/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Wow! Your color really is amazing; what do you use on it?

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I love your pink, pastina! I've yet to work up the nerve, but I do want to try some veggies dyes over my natural dark blond. One of these days!

And you're not alone. Here's a thread from the hair polls and projects you might enjoy:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ighlight=Crazy
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Length
    7"/32/70"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

I have bright green and blue face framing bits. Also good old semi permanent vegetable dye.. Not very long thou. It only reaches collarbone. The dyed bits. Since they where former bangs. But i plan to grow my green and blue hair to waist with root touch ups.

Length
    11.75/22.24/32+
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I tried lots of colors over my life. I had black, blonde, brown, red, black with red, all in various shades. Once I tried blue, but my mom thought the color wouldn't be enough for the whole head, so she stretched it with water and I had some faded mahogany underneath, too. So in the end I had a really weird blueish-brownish grey that didn't look good as well and since it was a Sunday and I had school next day I kinda was screwed. Luckily my granny had some dark brown in her closet. Haven't tried that afterwards which I now kinda regret. Because in my job I'll never be allowed to have anything but a natural color (luckily it doesn't have to be MY natural color ). I have blond highlights for several years now and I really like it.

Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

yay!! ok, i feel less alone now! it's still a little sad that the crazy colored hair thread hasn't been updated in forever, though.

i'd love to see pictures of the green and blue face frame, marbid! also-- for those that are afraid of trying color-- i really want to encourage you to try it out at least once. veggies don't last forever, especially over unbleached hair, so it's worth a shot!

and for those afraid of root touch up-- i hear ya! i hate touching up roots! i just went back to full head color last year for that exact reason. for a few years, i would only color the bottom half of my hair (temples down, leaving the canopy untouched), so that i never had to see root growth/feel compelled to touch it up, but i still got my color fix. now, i just don't care-- i touch up when i feel like it! roots are in vogue now, anyway, lol.

@tokugawa.miyako-- i primarily use special fx, since it's the longest lasting dye imo. be warned-- it's been extremely hard to obtain sfx lately because the manufacturer has totally dropped the ball. anyway, my current color: i did streaks of pimpin purple (it's a mid-purple that fades to pink) and streaks of manic panic rockabilly blue (i don't recommend it) over a several-month-faded combo of virgin rose (which is a pinkish-purple which is notoriously long lasting) and atomic pink (which is a true hot pink that lasts pretty much FOREVER)... then i let the whole thing fade for a few more months so the blue is gone and the purple is pink, and i bleach bathed my root regrowth. i'm left with yellow-blonde roots and a multi-tonal pink color through my lengths.

Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

sorry to double post, but i just noticed-- i haven't gotten any comments on my length yet! what would you guys call it?

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Pastina, your hair is AMAZING! I love how full, voluminous and shiny it looks!

I really hope the lovely Firefox7275 will join your thread: she has beautiful pink/purple-ish hair. I think she knows a lot about hair care and how to minimize damage from peroxide/bleach to maximize growth and good condition.

I have some highlighted ombre ends, but that's it for all my "colorfulness" , so I can't contribute much to this wonderful thread, unfortunately.
    But for all those people who bleach, I highly recommend using hydrolyzed proteins and also coconut oil pre-bleach to reduce damage: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=10495