Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I chopped!

Length
    SL/APL/HL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default I chopped!

Well today I did a daring thing. I went and got my hair chopped into one of those angled bobs. I was right at bsl but was having issues with dryness and tangles and just got sick of my hair as I couldn't do anything without getting horrendous knots. I went to walmart (bad idea now) as I had previously had a good cut there before but alas, the lady cut my hair WAY shorter than we originally agreed on. She had showed me the spot on my back where she would cut and yeah the back hairs are even with my nape they don't even reach the bottom of my neck.. Plus my sister and I had to go back and trim stray hairs when we got home because she missed them and they were at least 3 inches longer than the rest of the hairs. Good news: hair is very flippy and light and soft from where all previous dye damage is gone (in the back at least, since my hairs are barely two inches long there) and I've come to realize that shorter hair makes my hair look the thickest and I might not grow longer than shoulder/apl for a while... Once I get there... The 'bad' news is it's way way shorter than I planned and it makes me nervous since I can't use my hair as a distraction from my fatness anymore.. However the hair will grow back out and I will be having regular axcess to a gym when the (final) semester starts to work on my fatness I haven't seen my boyfriend since the ordeal so I hope he doesn't hate it... Then again he probably won't notice it's gone.

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: I chopped!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Great you are enjoying the change to find new perspective about yourself. Congrats!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Congratulation on the cut. I just got the same cut, only mine is "neck to shoulder length angle stage" right now. It grows out quick so don't worry if it is a little shorter than you wanted.
    I agree on the thickness. Mine seems a lot thicker if even only an illusion. Also loving the ease of styling.

I hope you are happy with your new fresh start. I am sure it looks gorgeous.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    SL/apl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Wow, that's brave. I'd like to see a pic too.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Pictures!

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    19"/hip/50"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yes, we need pics! It's great you're almost free of dye damage. I hope you enjoy those fresh healthy ends!

Type
    2a/C/ii

Yes! Pictures! And congrats with your new start!

What they all said POIDH
    "Always better to not fight. But if must fight...win"
    Mr Miyagi

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Picture, please! I'm sorry it was cut too short to your liking, but hey... that's the chance you take when going to hairdressers. Hope it's a nice brand new start for you.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by amanda_the_tall View Post
    Well today I did a daring thing. I went and got my hair chopped into one of those angled bobs. I was right at bsl but was having issues with dryness and tangles and just got sick of my hair as I couldn't do anything without getting horrendous knots. I went to walmart (bad idea now) as I had previously had a good cut there before but alas, the lady cut my hair WAY shorter than we originally agreed on. She had showed me the spot on my back where she would cut and yeah the back hairs are even with my nape they don't even reach the bottom of my neck.. Plus my sister and I had to go back and trim stray hairs when we got home because she missed them and they were at least 3 inches longer than the rest of the hairs. Good news: hair is very flippy and light and soft from where all previous dye damage is gone (in the back at least, since my hairs are barely two inches long there) and I've come to realize that shorter hair makes my hair look the thickest and I might not grow longer than shoulder/apl for a while... Once I get there... The 'bad' news is it's way way shorter than I planned and it makes me nervous since I can't use my hair as a distraction from my fatness anymore.. However the hair will grow back out and I will be having regular axcess to a gym when the (final) semester starts to work on my fatness I haven't seen my boyfriend since the ordeal so I hope he doesn't hate it... Then again he probably won't notice it's gone.
    It doesn't work anyway so don't worry about that one. You can see fat no matter how much hair you have, trust me, I know. Thing is you're probably the only one who noticed it much regardless.

Hair in Sunlight

Kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve.