Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you suit your newly long hair?

Length
    SL/apl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Do you suit your newly long hair?

I was wondering if anyone had grown their hair long, then thought that they looked better with it at shorter lengths?

My hair's not long yet, 20 inches, but let's face it no matter how beautiful the hair may be, it doesn't always always match the face ;

The longest my hair has ever been was bsl, permed and big. It was fashionable at the time lol. It did suit me, but I'm not sure long straightish hair will.

So, how did you feel about your hair when it got long?

Length
    .5/BSL/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Do you suit your newly long hair?

I think a lot of people like short hair on me (and want me to keep it that way lol) but I'm not quite sure which will look better considering the last time I had long hair, I was shampooing my scalp, letting it run down the ends as I rinsed it out, and conditioning below the ear. My hair would still get kinda puffy at the bottom (somewhat like brushed out waves) and not so much at the top (maybe that's why some people liked shorter hair on me, because it had more volume at the crown and wasn't puffy at the bottom?). My hair seems to like CO washing way more so I hope things will continue to be awesome as my hair grows out again.

I honestly think the puffy-ness was from the lower part of my hair being too dry from shampooing, stripping the oils from my scalp before they could reach the ends.

ETA: Even when my long hair wouldn't behave the way I wanted it to, I think it's about half and half for which I prefer on me at the moment. I like the beauty and style-ability of long hair (along with the security of it), but I also like the ease and freshness of short hair.

To answer the actual question better, as long as I part my hair on the side I think it looks pretty good, short or long though I'd love to be able to rock a middle parting. Maybe someday!
    Last edited by skeletonous; August 11th, 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Shaved Chin SL APL BSL WL HL BCL TBL Classic

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I look alright with either really short hair or really long hair. All of the in between stages...not so good. *Sigh* I have a long way to go to get to really long.
    The Wild Beast From The Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed
    Pixie - Chin- Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - TBL

Length
    Pixi/24/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I loved my hair long but I did not know how to take care of it. It looked damaged and frizzy and I was loosing what seemed like a lot of hair in the shower so I cut a pixi!! Liked the pixi but my friends said they "liked" me with long hair (as if the short hair changed my personality). So I'm growing out again and taking care of it. Currently at 23 inches with a goal of WL which I should hopefully reach by next summer 👍

Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

For me it's all about the face. I will always need bangs to make my face look its best, otherwise things look a little off proportionally.

For lengths, I think there are awkward lengths and very flattering ones. I have a friend who grew her hair out to tailbone length, and it looked unflattering between waist and tailbone, but AT waist or tailbone, it suited everything about her.

I also feel like healthy hair makes its own kind of flattery. Show me someone with long, strong, healthy hair, and I will not notice how it is styled, just how amazingly beautiful it is.

Length
    buzz/SL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Extremes seem to suit me. I can pull off a pixie and I can pull off BSL and beyond, but anything in the middle just makes me look older than I am. I prefer long to short, though.
    pixie - chin - neck

Length
    Nape/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I've always loved short hair on me, but my hair has not been longer than bsl since I was very young. So far I'm loving it on me at apl and I did when I was at bsl too, so I expect i will feel the same. Plus back then I used harsh box color and stripping shampoos as well as silicone so I never really knew what my natural texture was. I'm most excited now to be growing it out all virgin and seeing what it looks like at the much longer lengths. Maybe as you get farther you will start to like it more...
    Impatiently cruising to tailbone

Length
    bald/pixie/waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I think I look good more consistently with long hair.

I do look good with short cuts, but when my hair is short, I never know what I'm gonna wake up with. I could have an impossible cowlick, I could have frizzy bangs, I could have a million things. It also has to be cut right -- I'm an oval, but on the rounder side, so if I get my layers just right, it looks great, and if I get them wrong, it looks horrible.

So I do think some short haircuts suit me well. But getting it to look consistently good is a plain in the neck. Then there's the constant cutting, because the second it starts to grow out, I look weird. Like a couple other people, I look best at the extremes of length. All the middle stuff, starting at chin and going all the way through shoulder length, just doesn't look great on me.

When my hair is long, it looks pretty much the same almost every day, and if I treat my waves right, it always looks great -- up or down in virtually any style.

Long hair is just easier. And, I have to say, I think I inherited very lovely hair, if a bit sensitive. I missed it. I enjoyed my short-haired years, but I don't know that I'll ever go back to it. If I ever do, it'll probably be a total shave, and just resign myself to looking a bit weird until it's long again -- just for the experience. We'll see. But I'll probably stay long for at least a few years.
    Last edited by lilin; August 11th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Length
    bob/27.5/hip??
    Type
    2a/F/ii

When people found out I was growing my hair, a few thought that I suited it better short. Buuut, the few times I attempted to grow my hair before, it never got much past shoulder length so there was no real basis for comparison. I think it was more what people were used to seeing on me. I personally think that the way my hair is now suits me, maybe not exactly as much as short hair but enough that I'm happy with it. Longer hair also makes me feel feminine, something I didn't really feel with short hair.
    **shoulder**cbl**apl**BSL**waist**

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I can't tell if it suits me long or not, I can never tell if something looks good on me. I PREFER long hair on myself. I just asked my SO if long hair suits me, and he said that it does. Yay!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR