Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does nape hair have a terminal?

Length
    SL/apl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Does nape hair have a terminal?

Hi all, I have been patiently waiting for my new growth after a major shed to grow in. I have tons of the stuff all over my head at varying lengths. My new growth around the nape area all the way round from ear to ear has come on lovely and thick and is at shoulder length unstretched, cbl stretched. Which is great as from thereonin my hair is see through. But I have got paranoid that it won't grow much longer as everyone seems to have shorter nape hairs. Am I just being silly or am I destined to keep my see through hair? I know time will tell me the answer but I have got really worried about it. Thanks

Length
    26/FTL/47
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Does nape hair have a terminal?

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Yes, I have fine hairs around my hairline that never grow long, but they are minimal. If your hair has grown that long before, you should be safe. Terminal is usually quite a bit longer. Just wait.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    Hanging around as long as you will let me
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think my nape curlies may be destined to stay just that, short and curly. They may prove me wrong though... Well whatever, they are pretty cute.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My nape hairs mostly won't even make it to collarbone, but everyone's different. There's no rule that says they won't keep growing. Mine aren't lovely and thick either.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    .5/BSL/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I was wondering something like this myself; I currently shave mine because my hair doesn't cover them and it looks a tad odd when they're a bit long I was trying to grow them out with the rest of my hair but I've discovered that it'd probably be best to start doing that once my hair is shoulder length. Though when my hair was longer my nape hair probably stayed around shoulder length pulled straight at the longest.

Shaved • Chin • SL • APL • BSL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

All hair has a terminal length. As to what it is ... it depends on the individual. The longest I can grow my nape hairs is about 5 inches, so you're evidently doing better than me. ^_^

The Grey Havens (aka Canadian West Coast)
    Length
    SDL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Mine are super course and spindly and reach to about APL before dying out hahaha

Benevolent neglect to get me through my first no-trim year: aiming for TB then CL

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I have "baby hairs" all around my hairline, especially at the nape. They have a shorter terminal length, varying from a few inches to about APL. I trim the ones at my nape because they make me bonkers.

However, since you mentioned you're growing out from a shed, I expect that what you have is new growth that just needs to catch up. A few microtrims over the next few months would probably help you see a thicker hemline.
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Length
    18''/29"/33"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My nape hairs also seem to be finer, curlier, and less capable of growing long - as do the hairs at my temples, and just above my ears. Sometimes they lay flat with the other hairs, and sometimes they do their own thing. I've taken to trimming the edges of my nape hairs since they kept getting tangled up in things.
    ☼ Men are that they might have joy. ☼

Type
    2a/C/ii

Since I take better care of my hair, my nape hairs started growing! Never thought that would be possible! Now I'm curious how far they'll get