Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about S&Ding?

Length
    2"/44"/46"
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default Question about S&Ding?

What kind of hairs do you generally opt to trim out? Only splits, or the ones that are bent up too? I asked the lady at Sally's if the ones that we bent were bad ends and she said no. But I usually trim those off too. What do you guys do?

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Question about S&Ding?

if it's bent, like literally at a 90 degree angle, I cut it because it's surely going to break and make a split soon I figure, but I leave it if it's bent in a curvy sort of way. And then of course I trim splits and the uglier looking white dot ends (It's too much work to get all of them! I have splitty hair )

Long tea-time for hair Neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Sometimes I can see a clearly weak spot in the bent ones and I'll trim that off, otherwise I leave it be.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    2b/M/iii

I only snip split ends and white dots. Have never seen a bent hair.

Length
    12/28/32
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Does everyone have white dots on their hair, or could it be that my eyesight is so bad that I've never seen them?

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I clip white dots,splits, and bent hairs. Hairs that have weakened spots. I go over board on mine so make sure if you s&d you don't clip ends of grown out layers or breakage like I did I'm finally growing that out.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    bald/pixie/waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

If there's a sharp angle, I trim it. It's going to turn into a split eventually.

Beezle - Well, it doesn't seem like there is anything that is true of everyone. You might just not get that kind of split. I do see white dots occasionally.

Length
    12/28/32
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Thanks lilin. I really wasn't sure so I appreciate your answer. It could easily be that they're there and I can't see them but for now I'll tell myself I don't have them. It's easier than the alternative

I have fine hair that has been bleached, so I get a lot of bends and white dots. I also have hairs that look like they are thin at the ends, so I SandD all of these. I find if my ends are crackily my s an d turns into a trim Sand Ding takes a lot of self restraint (I find)

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
    Does everyone have white dots on their hair, or could it be that my eyesight is so bad that I've never seen them?
    I don't think everyone gets them- some people don't even get splits (lucky ones ) but if you're wondering, they are much more visible in sunlight I think. If you can't see them though, I bet you're just lucky and have really healthy ends!