Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1174

Thread: MapleBurl on Etsy: colorful burls from Russia!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: MapleBurl on Etsy: colorful burls from Russia!

Thank you Crystawni, it's about the size of my go to forks so I think it will hold well, just worried my bun will obscure that beautiful burl action
    And normally I am also too poor for hairtoys, The hair fairy has generously visited my with a splurge budget for now.

ineffectual and otiose pathetic's Avatar
    Length
    27"/33"/75"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

That fork is gorgeous, milosmomma! The ebony paired with the starry night burl is heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    Probably the wenge one will have to leave. It is so delicate and long and I am afraid to break it (I just broke 2 furnivals and I'm traumatized, my hair is getting heavier for sure). So, it is being there unused in all its beauty
    Ooooo, I have lusted after that wenge fork since you first posted photos of it! Unfortunately I am now broke after buying so many MapleBurls so I'll just have to pretend I didn't hear anything.

Length
    MTL/63/Floor
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Ah ah you guys are right that one would work. Igor was very kind to send me a message with it before posting it but coincidentally i just got a custom order today from another maker. That fork sure is gorgeous. I am more of a red shades kind of person and that seems too dark for my hair maybe?
    I like sturdier tines too. Maybe those are sturdy enough... I don't know... I still plan on getting one from him in the future.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    That fork is gorgeous, milosmomma! The ebony paired with the starry night burl is heavenly.

Ooooo, I have lusted after that wenge fork since you first posted photos of it! Unfortunately I am now broke after buying so many MapleBurls so I'll just have to pretend I didn't hear anything.
    Thank you pathetic, it definitely drew me in.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Gah! They're all so gorgeous!

Length
    24/45/~47
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    Thank you Crystawni! From the size and the weight it is one of the sturdier ones, as I highly prefer

Probably the wenge one will have to leave. It is so delicate and long and I am afraid to break it (I just broke 2 furnivals and I'm traumatized, my hair is getting heavier for sure). So, it is being there unused in all its beauty
    Nooooooooooo! Your hair is so naughty! Can your Furnivals be fixed?

And your wenge one is so uniquely gorgeous! But yeah, better safe than sorry with your ever-broadening bunnage.

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    Thank you Crystawni, it's about the size of my go to forks so I think it will hold well, just worried my bun will obscure that beautiful burl action
    And normally I am also too poor for hairtoys, The hair fairy has generously visited my with a splurge budget for now.
    I've got a midget (compared to my others) 4" fpl fork, and find it shows nicely in centre-held buns.

However, when I first wore it, it was about to get swallowed by my Celtic Knot...

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Ah ah you guys are right that one would work. Igor was very kind to send me a message with it before posting it but coincidentally i just got a custom order today from another maker. That fork sure is gorgeous. I am more of a red shades kind of person and that seems too dark for my hair maybe?
    I like sturdier tines too. Maybe those are sturdy enough... I don't know... I still plan on getting one from him in the future.
    Those darker forks are great as a neutral, or when wearing greys and blacks (if you like to co-ordinate), and the pop of blue would've worked beautifully with your tones. But that's moot now! Yay for your custom order! I look forward to what your future in forks brings!

Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards and downwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~
    APL**BSL**MBL**WL**HL**BCL**TBL*WRIST*PALM CL THUMB ** FTL

Length
    MTL/63/Floor
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I am quite excited!
    Btw, love the blue and green tones that you pick for hair toys on your hair though. Perfect combination.
    Last edited by Ligeia Noire; March 15th, 2019 at 11:26 PM.

Length
    24/45/~47
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Thank you, Ligeia! I'm very drawn to blue greens and their combos, and luckily they work for me! But yanno, I can feel your excitement from here!

Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards and downwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~
    APL**BSL**MBL**WL**HL**BCL**TBL*WRIST*PALM CL THUMB ** FTL

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/BCL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    i didn't saw yours milosmomma, that one is very pretty! If that were my size I would have picked it in seconds I think it will be a great little piece to go

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post

Pathetic, I will prob post it in the following days If you change your mind I have no prob on reserving it for a while. But I understand the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Ligeia, who will be the maker that will make the custom one? It's totally normal that you were so excited! Mapleburl does have sturdy one and very thin ones, that's why I study all measurements plus the weight

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    Nooooooooooo! Your hair is so naughty! Can your Furnivals be fixed?

And your wenge one is so uniquely gorgeous! But yeah, better safe than sorry with your ever-broadening bunnage.

Thank you Crystawni! Yep, the wenge is an OOAK... But I've been thinking about it for a while. I simple want to use ALL the hairtoys I own, more or less often. So probably that one and some others will have to leave, despite being loved About the Furnivals, some months ago another one broke and was beyond repairement (because of my hair too), so sweet sweet Claire made me another fork. In this case, both forks were made from the very same burly (and therefore weaker) wood. One will be left for good (was repairable, but nor me nor Claire rely on the wood + my hair combo anymore); the other that was more broken but had a better repairement to be done and will be back in a few days... With a lot of friends! My horn fork that now has an incredible topper (was now too small for my bun -- and that fork is going nowhere), a super detailed carved antler helix, the panda antler helix that was hanging in the store for a while, and this very original guy that caught my eye inmediately. I will give more details on the Furnival's Thread when the box will get here Just before my birthday!
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; March 16th, 2019 at 03:53 AM.

BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL CL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 37" - 94cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    MTL/63/Floor
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Milady it's from Furnival's

So these maple burl forks with the thin tines, would the tines hold well, they just look so fragile?