Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The claw clip appreciation thread!

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

Damn those Etsy clips are pretty. I bought a cheap one from the drugstore when I was in a pickle -> when my hair suddenly went from the "no care needed" lob to apl and I had to do something with it again. That thing served me well for the last 2 years, but I'm growing out of it and the paint is chipping off because I used it with color fading treatments too.
    Yeah, good reasons to get some new ones.

What I really liked before I could wear a bigger clip again was making a little crown with 3 or 4 smaller claw clips & a Cinnamon "fake" (2 strands coiled around each other because my hair was too thick & short to do one normal round). That held up pretty well. Or bear ears holding one each. Claw clips are just so versatile.

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

My favorite hairtoy at the moment are clawclips, small ones from around 5 cm, and a lot of them. Comfortable and holds my bun like a rock. Will buy more today or tomorrow.
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Claw clips are so fun.
    I have some pretty ones from brighton that I haven't worn in a while, might have to dig them up
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    Buzz/SL/TBL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Does anyone else find that claw clips are one of the only hair toys that don't give tension headaches/pain? I really love them for this reason. It's harder for me to put my hair up because of how sensitive my scalp is, but I find that claw clips are both extremely sturdy and not tension-inducing at all

I got some really nice matte and neutral coloured ones a few weeks ago. I was worried they'd kind of look out of place in my black hair because of how colourful they are, but they're just so fun and I think they fit nicely either way I might try out some clear ones too hehe

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yepp I love them for that reason too, sticks and forks are always a hassle, too loose or too tight pulling on my scalp causing tension headaches. Maybe I'm doing them wrong, but claw clips and Ficcares are just so comfy imo.

Does anybody find that "large" claw clips meant for long/thick hair only look like they're *longer*? I don't need them longer to cover more of my head; I need them *wider* so I can fit all my hair in! (That's why I love the one I have by Scunci. It's not much bigger than a regular claw clip-- which is good because my head isn't that big-- but it's *wide*; man, that thing's a monster that looks like it could practically eat the cat when its jaws are wide open...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joliebaby View Post
    That would have to be huge! What I was thinking, is that when my buns get really big, I could wear two large clips, one on each side. Even now, I could wear two smaller clips to hold my bun.

But this is the largest I've seen so far and it is pretty big!

https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/listing/1...9%3A1303712904

And these look quite huge

https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/listing/1...search_click=1

Oh, and I found a super lovely Etsy shop selling what looks like high quality acetate jaw clips and other hair accessories! It is UK based though. The look is similar to the very high end and ridiculously expensive Alexandre de Paris.
    I just ordered some from them and also got gifts for my sister and nieces!

https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/shop/Anna...8&page=3#items
    Thank you for the suggestions I must've missed those ones on Etsy; they're definitely bigger than most I've seen and pretty too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Does anybody find that "large" claw clips meant for long/thick hair only look like they're *longer*? I don't need them longer to cover more of my head; I need them *wider* so I can fit all my hair in! (That's why I love the one I have by Scunci. It's not much bigger than a regular claw clip-- which is good because my head isn't that big-- but it's *wide*; man, that thing's a monster that looks like it could practically eat the cat when its jaws are wide open...)
    Yes, that's also what I've noticed!

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I beg to differ on the opinion that claw clips are comfy. One of those YMMV things, I know. I cannot wear them when my hair is longer than BSL - now at waist and beyond, anytime I try to do a bun with a big claw clip, it feels like it weighs a kilogram (even if it is a light plastic one), it pulls on my sensitive scalp, breaks my delicate hair and even gives me headaches. I´m really sorry about it, I would love to do a messy "do" with a claw clip everyday, as it is even faster than a basic nautilus, but it is not happening for me I will try to secure some other types of buns with mini claw-clips, but have to buy some first. Big ones are not for me. It´s sad really, claw clips are the only thing that literally saved me and got me through all the awkward phases of growing out chin bob to shoulder length (I used smaller ones to pull my hair to the back or up and it was okay then).

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I beg to differ on the opinion that claw clips are comfy. One of those YMMV things, I know. I cannot wear them when my hair is longer than BSL - now at waist and beyond, anytime I try to do a bun with a big claw clip, it feels like it weighs a kilogram (even if it is a light plastic one), it pulls on my sensitive scalp, breaks my delicate hair and even gives me headaches. I´m really sorry about it, I would love to do a messy "do" with a claw clip everyday, as it is even faster than a basic nautilus, but it is not happening for me I will try to secure some other types of buns with mini claw-clips, but have to buy some first. Big ones are not for me. It´s sad really, claw clips are the only thing that literally saved me and got me through all the awkward phases of growing out chin bob to shoulder length (I used smaller ones to pull my hair to the back or up and it was okay then).
    Ficcares are definitely number one for me as far as comfort and hold, no ifs or buts about it. I'm playing with doubling up the claw clips, could even wear more small ones around a bun. They are definitely perfect for use in the bath and shower though. I kind of got into the claw clips too late, as my hair is now 33" and it's thick.. I wasn't aware of the acetate clips, and just knew that regular plastic ones broke on me.
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕