Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 258

Thread: The claw clip appreciation thread!

  1. #241
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    61,370
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    Arise, dead thread!

    I'm determined to get this lovely acetate claw clip to stay in my hair:



    I fear it may be a bit late in my growing journey to have a claw clip phase, but I've found a couple of styles that work so wanted to share them here.

    Style #1:
    Gather hair into a low ponytail and start twisting to form a low cinnabun. Keep coiling until the tail is just short enough to clip with the claw against the back of your head without sticking out the top.



    This works best when my hair is heavily oiled so the cinnabun compresses as much as possible. Curious to see whether this would work for those with longer/thicker hair.

    Style #2:
    Gather hair into a half-up high-ish ponytail and twist a couple of times. Clip around the twist. Then grab the whole length of the hair and wrap it around the outside of the claw clip as many times as necessary. When you're holding just the ends, carefully open the claw clip again and tuck the ends in.



    You can also just wear the half-up - I discovered this style by accident as I don't like how half-ups look on me, so I wanted to get the rest of the hair up somehow.


    Does anyone have any advice for French twist type styles? Do I just need to find a claw clip big enough to fit around the entire twist? I'm not averse to using a couple of pins but have no idea where I'd put them.
    Or if you twist it to the side, and tuck under, as a French twist usually is, clip the edges down with 3 or 4 smaller clips. Worked for me.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  2. #242
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,197
    Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Smile Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    Claw clips are the best, I appreciate mine, that's for sure. This is my little, France Luxe beauty. I use it for half-ups now because my hair is finally too long to use it to hold all of my hair up.


  3. #243
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,197
    Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Smile Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    Arise, dead thread!

    I'm determined to get this lovely acetate claw clip to stay in my hair:



    I fear it may be a bit late in my growing journey to have a claw clip phase, but I've found a couple of styles that work so wanted to share them here.

    Style #1:
    Gather hair into a low ponytail and start twisting to form a low cinnabun. Keep coiling until the tail is just short enough to clip with the claw against the back of your head without sticking out the top.



    This works best when my hair is heavily oiled so the cinnabun compresses as much as possible. Curious to see whether this would work for those with longer/thicker hair.

    Style #2:
    Gather hair into a half-up high-ish ponytail and twist a couple of times. Clip around the twist. Then grab the whole length of the hair and wrap it around the outside of the claw clip as many times as necessary. When you're holding just the ends, carefully open the claw clip again and tuck the ends in.



    You can also just wear the half-up - I discovered this style by accident as I don't like how half-ups look on me, so I wanted to get the rest of the hair up somehow.


    Does anyone have any advice for French twist type styles? Do I just need to find a claw clip big enough to fit around the entire twist? I'm not averse to using a couple of pins but have no idea where I'd put them.
    Oh my, this is a beautiful claw clip, barnet_fair.

  4. #244
    Member barnet_fair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    England
    Posts
    258
    Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    Thank you, luluj! Your half-up looks just divine. What luscious hair.

    lapushka, thank you for the French twist advice. I only have the one big clip for now but will remember that technique if I ever acquire some smaller ones.

    My determination to get my increasingly heavy hair into this one clip continues, and last night I managed it in a way I rather liked. So,

    Style #3:
    Gather hair into a low ponytail. Twist continuously, while keeping the ponytail extended (do not coil) until the whole length is twisted quite tightly. Flip it up so the end of the ponytail lands on your forehead, or further. Then fold it at about the crown and tuck the ends near the base somewhere. Clip the claw clip around the doubled-up roll.



    To my surprise, I rather liked the effect, and this is one of the few updos that I think actually suit me. A standard French twist makes me look like some sort of alien.

    Of course, this will only work as long as the hair volume is low enough to be able to fit enough of it inside the clip while twisted and folded. It started to sag after a while, so I put a long beak clip through the top loop (where the twisted ponytail is folded over at the top of the head), which looked a bit silly but held well. Some well-placed bobby pins work fine and look a lot better.

    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

  5. #245
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    61,370
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    I did it tighter, but that's about the same technique I used for a "log roll"; did use a wider claw so you can really pin it down without it sagging, but on you it's just lovely and hear me with "sagging", it's not that, but I can't find a nicer word, eerrrm a looser twist? It had to be a tight style for me, but this is gorgeous on you. It truly is!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  6. #246

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    https://ibb.co/h999vZN
    My new claw clips! They're not that small, my hands are just big
    Last edited by aloewurly; July 20th, 2021 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Image wasn't showing
    Shaven/Shoulder/APL
    conehead, sulfate user, frequent washer

  7. #247

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    your curls look beautiful with that clip!

    Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Claw clips are the best, I appreciate mine, that's for sure. This is my little, France Luxe beauty. I use it for half-ups now because my hair is finally too long to use it to hold all of my hair up.


  8. #248
    Member Obsidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Idaho USA
    Posts
    2,768
    Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    I'm a fan of claw clips. I especially like the octopus style by scunchi, unfortunately they are cheaply made and break easy. I've looked for better quality ones but they don't seem to exist.
    I can't get regular claws to work once my hair hits shoulder and I don't like using multiples, its unsightly.
    Back to henna, again

  9. #249
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,197
    Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by dianaschu View Post
    your curls look beautiful with that clip!

    Thank-you so much, dianaschu.

  10. #250
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,197
    Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'm a fan of claw clips. I especially like the octopus style by scunchi, unfortunately they are cheaply made and break easy. I've looked for better quality ones but they don't seem to exist.
    I can't get regular claws to work once my hair hits shoulder and I don't like using multiples, its unsightly.
    You may want to check out https://franceluxe.com/collections/jaw-claw-hair-clips.

    They are on the pricey side, but their sales can be pretty awesome.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •