Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Thread: Olaplex - The ultimate damage insurance?!

Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Olaplex - The ultimate damage insurance?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Your experience with Olaplex sounds very realistic, Milynn. I'm glad it's working so well for you!

My hair also feels the silkiest right after rinsing off Olaplex. It feels less silky after conditioning, but I know it's necessary, so I just have to do it anyway.
    Thank you, so am I Truly, it's finally a little bit easier to breath! While I know there is so much more important things in world than hair, it still has been horrible to see the breakage.

Yeah, I think it probably would end up feeling rather dry without conditioner when it actually would air dry I do not use shampoo though in between Olaplex and conditioner.

Now my hair has air dried and it has been brushed - It might actually feel slightly softer than usually. Could be also inside my head. No tangles, but they are rare with my hair anyway. Did S&D mission as well; no split ends, which also are rare with my hair, and only one white dod! Which I destroyed, as it was within half inch from the actual end. Breakage situation? 4 strands, about 1 to 2 inches long. After today's whole 2 washes (Olaplex + conditioner & color) and brushing session, it is great result to me. I am so happy and relieved

Yet, I think Ylva said it very correctly - my experience is very realistic in a way. I think that Olaplex is not really fixing that much damage from the bleach, but it is preventing further damage from natural and mechanical sources. Thus, those bleached strands are able to "hold together" much better while being damaged, and I am starting to believe my hair might actually survive. I am not seeing that much difference with shine or softness, but those were not my problems anyway - meaning, there was not that particular kind of damage to fix.

So does it work? Aye, I think so. For those purposes it is meant to. Would I for example bleach my hair again with this? Absolutely no. I do not think this will do any miracles; but for preventing daily mechanical damage and protecting somewhat damaged ends this seem to be spot on

Length
    HL/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Indeed, there is so much more to the umbrella of 'bleach damage'. Olaplex will only target the broken bonds, which is one form of damage that occurs from bleach, but you're still left with the raised cuticles and the stripped fatty thing between the scales (can't remember its name, hah!) that's fixed with 18-MEA. So the rest of the damage you just need to try and patch up in some other manner.

But as you said, it's a great product to make chemically damaged hair a little bit more tolerable and durable.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    So the rest of the damage you just need to try and patch up in some other manner.
    How I wish this would be possible

After first apply I suspected but after this second I can confirm - olaplex makes my hair straighter and the braid waves do not hold that well. I remember that this happened to someone else as well? Does any one know the reason? After first apply it was temporary and went away after normal wash - I do not know yet is it temporary after this second apply. Apparently henna makes hair sometimes straighter as well - is there some connection here? Strenghtening effect...? Or just because the surface of the hair might be smoother...? Would be hard to believe that olaplex would damage the hair, so I assume it is something else.